BI Camera Delay in viewing

Reaction score
I have two BIs running in two different computers, named for discussion here, YT Streaming and Recording computers. In both computers , I capture the same two cameras pointing at the same subject ( big bird on limb). Some times, the screen on Streaming will show movement ( wing flap) and the screen on Recording has taken 20 seconds to show same movement. The PTZ movement is also delayed. I command a left move on Recording and Streaming shows movement right away, but Recording does not show the same movement for 10-20 seconds. I only record - continuously- in one computer ( typically the command issuing) and that's an i9 9980XE running about 25% load . Delayed viewing cameras are typically 8meg. I haven't noticed issue on 2 meg.
Restating simply, the camera will move immediately but the screen does not show movement for 10-20 seconds. So there is a delay in viewing and this is a sustained delay for a while. Others times, everything is fine.
In writing this , it seems to point at a recording delay. This is a twice a week issue, maybe. Most times it is fine.

Suggestions to look at? Perhaps data movement from NEW to Stored? Is there a way to tell when that is going on?
I have 2T of storage each in New and Stored and limited to 12 days but only getting 3 days. (23 cameras, 8 continuously record) this is data , not an issue.
Thanks,
Rob

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Be sure you have performed EVERY step here: Optimizing Blue Iris's CPU Usage | IP Cam Talk and as outlined in the BI help file.
Yes, moving large files around will slow things down.
Be sure you have set the power settings for the CPU and GPU to 100%.

Also in the Wiki, read the Substreams Guide.

Also study this:

Attachments

Reaction score
Ensure that the pc is connected to the same switch as the cameras or a switch that cascades from it. This is a common symptom when the data is passed through the router.
Fenderman: Are you saying the delay may be in the switch? Buffering the data and causing the delay? The in sync cameras come from one tower via fiber to a 48 port switch (Netgear GS752TP-200NAS). The out of sync camera (delayed) is direct connected to that 48 port and so are the computers. It seems this problem has nothing to do with BI because 3 versions, in 3 computers, show the same effect.
So I reboot the delayed camera and it displays the same time ( back in sync) I will try to track the delay ( prior to reboot, it was 20 seconds delayed) I don't understand where that delayed data is being stored.

Thanks
rob

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman: Are you saying the delay may be in the switch? Buffering the data and causing the delay? The in sync cameras come from one tower via fiber to a 48 port switch (Netgear GS752TP-200NAS). The out of sync camera (delayed) is direct connected to that 48 port and so are the computers. It seems this problem has nothing to do with BI because 3 versions, in 3 computers, show the same effect.
So I reboot the delayed camera and it displays the same time ( back in sync) I will try to track the delay ( prior to reboot, it was 20 seconds delayed) I don't understand where that delayed data is being stored.

Thanks
rob
No in the router. But if its setup as you explained then it cant be the router.

Reaction score
Solved , I think:
The delay is down to LT 2 seconds when I changed the Max rate in IMAGE FORMAT from 30 down to 10 FPS. BI must stack them up and feed from the bottom of the pile as it gets taller and taller, so to speak. ?
For testing: I have camera time on screen and BI time next to each other and could see the difference increasing. My i7 streaming computer is running 70% with the shield set off but with the OBS streaming to YT running.

Thanks for the help
rob