BI Cannot Find Camera

br1dge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
First post and first camera ever, fresh BI install. Have read for many hours and searched for this problem, but cannot find a solution to what has to be a silly easy problem! I am fairly network literate, but not much more than that.

I have a brand new Hikvision DS-2CD2342 camera on my network (powered by a poe switch.) I can access the camera via web admin, and everything is pretty much default; I only changed the IP and camera name, etc. It is set to Server port 8000 and http port 80. Using Firefox, I can see a live picture from the camera from this url http://192.168.1.100/doc/page/preview.asp

I installed Blue Iris, added the correct camera type, and in the server address on the add camera/video setup page, I used 192.168.1.100:8000 in the address bar, but BI can not find the camera. If I try to let BI find/detect the camera it cannot find it either. Also , if I remove the :8000 from the address bar it cant find it.

Note: there is no field on the BI video setup tab to add Server Port (8000), which is why I add it to the url string. I have seen other screen shots of BI on this video setup tab where a separate field was presented to add server port, presumably leaving the address bar to just the ip (w/o port) Mine doesn't have this.

Note: I can ping the camera using its ip, but not if I add :80 or :8080 to the ip address.

Support data:
Blue Iris Version: Release 4.4.3.3 x64

Would love some help for anyone willing to help. I have included a few screenshots for reference.

unnamed (2).pngunnamed (1).pngunnamed.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@br1dge Welcome to the forum...do not use the :8000...that is only for hikvisions own mobile app and viewers...
Confirm the ip address is correct...and that you have the proper user name and password.
Then you can either use the 2cd model in the dropdown or use find inspect...both will work.

br1dge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@br1dgeWelcome to the forum...do not use the :8000...that is only for hikvisions own mobile app and viewers...
Confirm the ip address is correct...and that you have the proper user name and password.
Then you can either use the 2cd model in the dropdown or use find inspect...both will work.
Thanks Fenderman for such a quick response... As I stated though, even if I use the ip w/o the :8000 port it still cannot find it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman for such a quick response... As I stated though, even if I use the ip w/o the :8000 port it still cannot find it.
Then you are entering something else incorrectly ...there are thousands of users with hikvision cameras and blue iris..
Did you mess with any other network settings in your camera?

br1dge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Then you are entering something else incorrectly ...there are thousands of users with hikvision cameras and blue iris..
Did you mess with any other network settings in your camera?
I just reset the camera to factory defaults, and its still not working.. All I get is a black scree in BI that says Cam1: No Signal.

So frustrating, I am sure it is something silly and small.. Even though I have double checked the ip and password 10X, "if" one of these is wrong, would it exhibit this same behaviour?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just reset the camera to factory defaults, and its still not working.. All I get is a black scree in BI that says Cam1: No Signal.

So frustrating, I am sure it is something silly and small.. Even though I have double checked the ip and password 10X, "if" one of these is wrong, would it exhibit this same behaviour?
If you want to do a teamviewer session I can login and check

br1dge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for your help man, I cant tell you how much I appreciate this.

I am logged in to the camera, in Video settings, "Video Encoding" is set to H.264, and the next line, "H.264+" = OFF

Capture.PNG

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Also set the iframe interval to 20 to match your fps...this will help avoid video smearing in blue iris.

br1dge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sent PM with teamviewer meeting ID (havent used Teamviewer in years so may be a little rusty)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sent PM with teamviewer meeting ID (havent used Teamviewer in years so may be a little rusty)
try sending it again..you need 5 posts to send, at the time you only had 4..

wingon

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Br1dge, I don't know if this solution will solve your problem, but I heard from fenderman said Trendnet TV-322WI is same as Hikvision 2CDxxxx camera, and TV-322WI is not in the drop list, so he suggested me to use Hikvision 2CDxxxx in the drop list to setup the camera.

Unfortunately, it is not working as expected, and I tried the second method Fenderman suggested me to do, which is input all the information (IP, name, password..) and then press inspect now button to find the closest match.

After I tried the inspect now function, and it found "Generis - RTSP H.264" in the list gonna be the best match, again, it is not working. So I decided to try other options from the drop list one by one under Generis in the drop list, and end up I got my 322wi connected with "RTSP HTTP - Tunneled".

Maybe you can try it, but it might cause risk, because my BI4 bricked when I try to setup my Foscam FI8602 camera with this "RTSP HTTP - Tunneled".

So, hope it helps.

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:

br1dge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
SOLVED - The laptop I installed BI had been in a desk drawer, on had not had a windows update for more than 2 years. After trying a different/current machine, it works exactly as it should..

Thanks Fenderman and Wingon for the help. Fenderman is the MAN!