BI can't check for updates

42etus

n3wb
Reaction score
Went to the Options screen today to check for any updates. When I click the Check For Updates Now button I get " Trouble Connecting - Please Check Your Internet Connection and Try Again". Needless to say, my internet connection is fine, I'm posting this on IPCT. Also I don't have any trouble logging into BI from either my LAN or remotely when away. So why can't BI get out to check for updates. I'm using release 4.8.5.2 x64

Capture2.PNG

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Went to the Options screen today to check for any updates. When I click the Check For Updates Now button I get " Trouble Connecting - Please Check Your Internet Connection and Try Again". Needless to say, my internet connection is fine, I'm posting this on IPCT. Also I don't have any trouble logging into BI from either my LAN or remotely when away. So why can't BI get out to check for updates. I'm using release 4.8.5.2 x64

View attachment 40179
There is another thread discussing this.

42etus

n3wb
Reaction score
The other thread didn't show up in my search for some reason????
Anyway, I downloaded and installed 4.8.5.3 and now the update button seems to work correctly. Atleast I don't get the error and I do get a message that the software is up to date.