BI Cloud Service?

Baje

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Is there a cloud service for remote viewing that I can use with BI?

My ISP charges for the ability to do port forwarding :(

tom95521

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You might be able to use something like angelcam but if you don't mind not having a livestream you could email (or ftp your mp4 files out to an external hosted server) and watch. Set it for trigger and cut after each event.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Would they block a VPN setup on your BI server?
if there is not external ip that is routerable you cannot setup a standard vpn service...there are some threads that discuss workarounds but they are more complex

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Greedy bastards. This is more common with cellular connections/hot spots etc to limit bandwidth usage. Most likely a smaller operator (or simply greedy) that has limited downlinks/uplinks so this is their way of controlling usage/restricting access.

Like finder said their are some threads that discuss work arounds. You can also do some googling as their are a few videos on youtube as well as some different guides out their, however depending on the restrictions imposed you may also find some ports blocked and restricted as well, so even if you get linked up they may block large blocks of ports to assure video, etc is not passed. (similar to what some employers do with their firewalls.)

Baje

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
if there is not external ip that is routerable you cannot setup a standard vpn service...there are some threads that discuss workarounds but they are more complex
Can you point me in that direction please?

Baje

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Greedy bastards. This is more common with cellular connections/hot spots etc to limit bandwidth usage. Most likely a smaller operator (or simply greedy) that has limited downlinks/uplinks so this is their way of controlling usage/restricting access.

Like finder said their are some threads that discuss work arounds. You can also do some googling as their are a few videos on youtube as well as some different guides out their, however depending on the restrictions imposed you may also find some ports blocked and restricted as well, so even if you get linked up they may block large blocks of ports to assure video, etc is not passed. (similar to what some employers do with their firewalls.)
I dont think any ports are blocked. Ive been told that my ISP doesnt want to purchase external IP addresses

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In regard to a VPN service allowing ports to be opened. The one I use has this note. (I cannot reach my BI server)

Attachments

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My problem is that my surveillance router is not the router directly connected to the modem. It is downstream so I cannot use the VPN function in the router. Too lazy to move everything around. Lol. My primary router does not have a VPN server function.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
can you forward ports to the surveillance router's VPN Service?

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Maybe. Need to think it out. My ISP only allows port 21 and 80 to be open and it costs extra smh. That was the only way to get in remotely to BI. Perhaps I don't need to port forward to the BI PC. Just forward to the router in which the BI PC is already connected. THEN utilize VPN.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you can run VPN Server on port 80 or 21 if you must, connect to VPN Server then open BI..

443 would be better because its expected to be encrypted and web proxy's wont attempt to interfere.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok, I believe that port works too. They block just about everything. Sneaky bastards. They also throttle me down to a crawl if I utilize VPN for file transfers. Annoying. If they dont see what Im doing, they have a tantrum like a child and throttle me.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if you run your VPN over 443 it'll look like encrypted web traffic in there stats.. thats the https port, rarely is it blocked because most of the internet runs on it now days.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks man. I shall give it a whirl tomorrow.