BI computer over WiFi vs hardwired

jmh8743

n3wb
Reaction score
The oh god referenced the crap install. That said, it should still work..did you use the 568 wiring standard? did you make proper crimp connections? Your install is likely messed up.
There is no question that cat6 will work 328 feet despite being suspended like that.
well, got what I paid for. Tech(???) said to make a 100' drop, not use wifi. Yes, YES, and who knows. I questioned the uv and my advisor said no problem. See the DVR line on pole....I paid for that and it is in conduit with sweep 90s. Afraid I couldnt pull it out. ok guys, thanks for help. Have a good weekend.

jmh8743

n3wb
Reaction score
should be using outdoor cabling when exposed to UV; thats indoor cabling.. the sun will destroy the insulators when exposed in in direct sunlight all day long w/out UV Stabilizers; most OD cable is black and heaver duty, ive strung it further than that w/out issue.. have a Ubiquiti Access point hooked up on a barn like that at my Father in Law's, should be about 10 years old now.
tnx for comment. that can happen. I thought I was. My Dad used to say "S*** son a thought would bust your skull". got good heads up from the drunken penguin.

jmh8743

n3wb
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

jmh8743

n3wb
Reaction score
I also noticed your existing cable has an exposed connector just hanging there. How long has it been like that? It might be corroded from weather. Since the cable is already ran I would chop off both connectors and redo them like Fenderman suggested. That might get you by for a while until you get the proper cable. Also make sure you don't kink the cable anywhere, it will damage easier than many other cable types.
tnx again. they were so unreliable, took them down......ya'll convinced me another issue.