BI Connecting to Secondary Stream - How to get it to Primary?

dcf_oc

n3wb
Reaction score
Newbie here -- I really want to buy BI but need to solve this first. When BI auto chooses my camera or I pick a compatible one, if first says 640 x xxx resulotion -- but then when I click OK and go back in it goes back to 320

I have done a fair bit of research and determined that BI is connecting to the secondary steam and not the primary.

Other software and the camera's own web interface connect at 720 D1

The camera is embedded in an object and I don't know the make/ model of the camera.

It connects as either 192.168.1.100 or .101

Help would be much appreciated
spec 6.jpgspec 7.jpg
thanks

dalepa

Reaction score
What does the web interface look like? Post some shots of the cameras web interface and I'm sure someone here will recognize it...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does the interface give you the option to disable the secondary stream? If so does that help?
You can use wireshark/fiddler to try and figure our the stream, but that can get complex. Try using ipcamviewer on android or ios to scan the ip address and give you compatible cameras...

dcf_oc

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks and please see attached

What does the web interface look like? Post some shots of the cameras web interface and I'm sure someone here will recognize it...
Here is what the web interface looks like

Unfortunately no option to disable the secondary stream -- I tried using the ipcam stuff from an ipad -- but I don't have the cam setup to broadcast. I prefer not to and just want to keep it on my LAN. I did try putting in the IP, etc and it couldn't find it. Is there a favorite app to try?

spec 8.jpgspec 9.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ip cam viewer will work if the camera is on the same network as the ipad. make sure you have the correct local ip which seems to be 192.168.1.100 in your case as well as port number if its something other than 80...ip cam viewer also needs to have the correct user and password (make sure not to leave a blank space after either) to scan for the camera...you can also try using ispy's search feature. Sorry but I don't recognize the interface...you may want to just email ken at blue iris (under the support page)...http://www.blueirissoftware.com/10.html

bombo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here is what the web interface looks like

Unfortunately no option to disable the secondary stream -- I tried using the ipcam stuff from an ipad -- but I don't have the cam setup to broadcast. I prefer not to and just want to keep it on my LAN. I did try putting in the IP, etc and it couldn't find it. Is there a favorite app to try?

View attachment 108View attachment 109
I found a video that uses the same interface

At 5min it shows the same setup interface as the screenshot you have, and at 7:05 it shows the live view controls you have in the image also.
Not sure if it will help in any way.