BI Crash with -- R6025 -- Pure Virtual Function Call

Reaction score
Over the last 3 or 4 months I have started getting BI crashes with R6025 - Pure Virtual Function Call messages. I click OK and then I'm able to restart BI and it normally comes back up fine and runs for days or weeks before it happens again. I just have received 2 of them in the last 24 hours so I thought I would see if anyone else has been seeing these. I have rebooted the machine and made sure all of the drivers and Windows updates are up to date. I also normally keep BI updated so right now I'm on 4.5.0.0. In searching the board I didn't find any other mention of this type of error so I'm not sure if it is something specific to my machine or setup. I don't use BI for any recording although I do use the web services quite heavily. I'm happy to provide any other information if it would be helpful or if there is a way to get some additional logging to see what is happening.

Thanks,
Jeff

Reaction score
Well with no responses doesn't sound like anyone else has seen this. It did happen again today on the current version of BI so I thought I would grab a screen shot of the error and put it in here in case someone sees it in the future.

Well it doesn't appear to be letting me insert the image right now. I will try it again when I get a chance.

Jeff

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well with no responses doesn't sound like anyone else has seen this. It did happen again today on the current version of BI so I thought I would grab a screen shot of the error and put it in here in case someone sees it in the future.

Well it doesn't appear to be letting me insert the image right now. I will try it again when I get a chance.

Jeff
reinstall Download Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Reaction score
Fenderman,

Thanks for the response. I will give that a try and see how things go. I can't reproduce the issue on demand so I will let it run after the updates and see if it comes up again.

Thanks,
Jeff

Angela Lee

n3wb
Reaction score
Over the last 3 or 4 months I have started getting BI crashes with R6025 - Pure Virtual Function Call messages. I click OK and then I'm able to restart BI and it normally comes back up fine and runs for days or weeks before it happens again. I just have received 2 of them in the last 24 hours so I thought I would see if anyone else has been seeing these. I have rebooted the machine and made sure all of the drivers and Windows updates are up to date. I also normally keep BI updated so right now I'm on 4.5.0.0. In searching the board I didn't find any other mention of this type of error so I'm not sure if it is something specific to my machine or setup. I don't use BI for any recording although I do use the web services quite heavily. I'm happy to provide any other information if it would be helpful or if there is a way to get some additional logging to see what is happening.

Thanks,
Jeff
Perform a Clean boot
Sometimes third-party and startup applications can interfere with your system and cause Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error to appear. To fix this problem, you need to perform Clean boot by doing the following
-Press Windows Key + R and enter msconfig. Now press Enter or click OK to run it.
-Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime error on startup
-Now you have the System Configuration window in front of you. Left click or tap on the Services tab situated in the upper side in this window. -Check the box next to Hide all Microsoft services. Left click or tap on the Disable all button afterwards.
-Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime error Nvidia
-Left click or tap on the General tab situated in the upper side of this window. Check the Selective startup feature. Uncheck the box next to -Load startup items. Click Apply and OK to save changes.
-Microsoft Visual C++ setup failed
-Reboot your Windows 10 PC.
Check for other workaround here:
How to fix R6025 pure virtual function call - Error Solutions

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Incidentally, the latest version of BI is 4.7.2.4

Never mind, just noticed the original post was in February.