BI Crashing & Locking Up Computer

Reaction score
I have been fighting with a recent issue with one of my 3 BI systems. I am running this on a brand new computer with no other software other then Team Viewer. After launching BI the software will try and work, but then locks up and I have to hard reboot the computer. I have tried reinstalling BI, running with no internet, and no cameras connected. Same issues. Does anyone have a fix?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been fighting with a recent issue with one of my 3 BI systems. I am running this on a brand new computer with no other software other then Team Viewer. After launching BI the software will try and work, but then locks up and I have to hard reboot the computer. I have tried reinstalling BI, running with no internet, and no cameras connected. Same issues. Does anyone have a fix?
how long before lock up? if you see memory and cpu increasing until the max, search memory leak.
did you perform a clean windows install? using the media creation too?

Reaction score
It takes about 5 seconds after the software launches to lock up. I do not notice any change in the CPU use. I did not preform a clean windows install. I am not really a PC guy, don't know what the media creation tool is. I guess that might be my next step. I previously had the same issue. I removed the BI software and did a clean install, it worked fine for a month or so then the same issue started happening again. I am just trying to avoid doing the same thing because it takes so much time to set up all of the individual cameras. Thank you for your reply and help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It takes about 5 seconds after the software launches to lock up. I do not notice any change in the CPU use. I did not preform a clean windows install. I am not really a PC guy, don't know what the media creation tool is. I guess that might be my next step. I previously had the same issue. I removed the BI software and did a clean install, it worked fine for a month or so then the same issue started happening again. I am just trying to avoid doing the same thing because it takes so much time to set up all of the individual cameras. Thank you for your reply and help.
it is extremely important to do a clean install with media from microsoft...all you need is a spare usb
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media