BI Doesn't Use the Amcrest Profile - Was Wondering Why

DDN13

n3wb
Reaction score
I just replaced a couple of older cams with Amcrest IP3M-941s, and I finally got curious enough about this to ask the question. None of my Amcrests, from 722s to 941s, get an Amcrest profile assigned when configured. But there seems to be a profile for IP2M/IP3M/IP4M cameras.

I haven't noticed an issue using the generic profile, so this isn't a big problem. (At least, I haven't *noticed* anyway ...) But I wondered if there was a reason not to use the Amcrest profile.

I switched the 6 Amcrest cams over to that profile tonight, and the result was - the same. I didn't notice anything different using the Amcrest profile, other than an extremely slight reduction in CPU usage. Oh well.

Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just replaced a couple of older cams with Amcrest IP3M-941s, and I finally got curious enough about this to ask the question. None of my Amcrests, from 722s to 941s, get an Amcrest profile assigned when configured. But there seems to be a profile for IP2M/IP3M/IP4M cameras.

I haven't noticed an issue using the generic profile, so this isn't a big problem. (At least, I haven't *noticed* anyway ...) But I wondered if there was a reason not to use the Amcrest profile.

I switched the 6 Amcrest cams over to that profile tonight, and the result was - the same. I didn't notice anything different using the Amcrest profile, other than an extremely slight reduction in CPU usage. Oh well.

Thanks.
Simple...the find inspect searches for onvif profile..