BI+DS install / setup help

MCS Tech

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Guys - I've been lurking here for maybe just over a year and I love all of your knowledge with BI and the creative things that everyone does with DS.

I currently am a Mac OS household, and I have currently 4 UniView cameras, with an Uniview NVR and its been great for what it is. About 8 months ago I bought a used PC and installed BI on it to test out the BI software with my cameras but I was less than impressed as the hardware wasn't powerful enough to really remove the camera lag, I actually sold that computer and went back to the NVR.

I've again just recently have watched several youtube videos on BI and Deepstack - specifically "The Hookup" where he utilizes a 24/7 sub stream then upon a trigger BS records full resolution and Jpg images.
This is exactly what I want to do, I have a new camera coming in a few days here so I will actually have 4 outdoor and eventually 1 indoor (axis) camera for my home office.

I also am planning to buy a bran new i7 intel computer (budget about $1100) and I want to get BI+DS setup on that computer.

Would anyone be willing to help me through remote to get BI+DS all setup properly ?!? I could pay a small fee if needed - I can install all the software, I would just feel better if I had help setting up all the streams - triggers - jpgs - and alerts so that BI will 24/7 record a sub stream, then record a HD version upon motion of a person or vehicle in a specific area + a .jpg image from someone that is very familiar with all the settings and menus of BI with DS Automation.

I should be good to go on this in about a week or so and plan on ditching the NVR - I already have a POE switch that all the cams run through.

Thanks -
-Robb.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Note, you dont need an 1100 pc to run BI with 4 cams even at 8mp a cam. A 200 i5-8500 will suffice and if you want to go all out for 500 bux you can get everything you need. You can purchase remote BI support here where @Mike can assist with your setup. Blue Iris Support - IP Cam Talk Store Camera lag is likely a network issue - often related to passing the cameras through the router to the pc rather than switch to pc.

Last edited: