BI - enable Hardware acceleration, no video?

Cougar281

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a system that I just picked up to set up for my sister Blue Iris setup. It's a Dell Optiplex with an i5 2400 processor, which from what I can tell, supports Intel Quick Sync Video, which is what the Blue Iris Hardware Acceleration uses. The cameras in question are Speco O4D1 IP cameras. When I added the cameras, before enabling the hardware acceleration, it was receiving video fine; after enabling it, I now get 'No Signal'. Apparently, the acceleration is for H.264, which is what the cameras are set to. So any suggestions as to why it's apparently not working? (This is a vanilla 'installed Blue Iris and connected to the camera' - no tweaking or anything other than enabling and disabling the acceleration)

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a system that I just picked up to set up for my sister Blue Iris setup. It's a Dell Optiplex with an i5 2400 processor, which from what I can tell, supports Intel Quick Sync Video, which is what the Blue Iris Hardware Acceleration uses. The cameras in question are Speco O4D1 IP cameras. When I added the cameras, before enabling the hardware acceleration, it was receiving video fine; after enabling it, I now get 'No Signal'. Apparently, the acceleration is for H.264, which is what the cameras are set to. So any suggestions as to why it's apparently not working?
the quicksync in the second gen support a max of 1080....if you lower the res to 1080p on the cameras it will work..that is why 3rd gen+ is recommended...they are about 100 bux...

Cougar281

n3wb
Reaction score
Oy. Always something lol. That would explain it, thanks. Truthfully, I suspect it'll be fine without the acceleration as we're only talking about 2 cameras right now, with MAYBE 5 total in the future, but the load reduction, so to speak, would be nice. Main reason I picked this one up was to swap out the loud and power hungry PE2950 I put in as a 'get it up in a hurry' measure. Considering the image quality of the cameras at 4MP, 'dumbing them down' to 1080 isn't really a good option, but I will take this into account for the if/when I choose to replace the R210 II running a Xeon E3-1240 V2 that's running my Blue Iris; It's running a pretty solid 25-30% all the time with 11 1080 feeds from my pre-existing DVR, the one Speco O4D1 IP Camera and a cheapo foscam.

Last edited: