BI filled hdd and stopped recording

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure what I screwed up, but I am missing something here.
I started with the demo and then I was using a SSD for the install and a HDD for recording to. I got a larger HDD, added that to the PC and bought the full program.
I am now seeing the HDD is full and it stopped recording.
The bottom of the console shows 3.63T/31.0G.
I'm assuming the 31G is the space it had on the first HDD and the new HDD is 4T so that makes sense for the 3.63T.

I have limit clip age to 14days, but maybe that didn't work???
So how do I straighten this out? Any thoughts?

Thanks

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
If you want an answer you need to supply some information. How many cameras, camera resolutions, frame rates, continuous or event recording, bit rates.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure what I screwed up, but I am missing something here.
I started with the demo and then I was using a SSD for the install and a HDD for recording to. I got a larger HDD, added that to the PC and bought the full program.
I am now seeing the HDD is full and it stopped recording.
The bottom of the console shows 3.63T/31.0G.
I'm assuming the 31G is the space it had on the first HDD and the new HDD is 4T so that makes sense for the 3.63T.

I have limit clip age to 14days, but maybe that didn't work???
So how do I straighten this out? Any thoughts?

Thanks
You have an over allocation error.... You need to tell Blue Iris support you want to use for your recordings... Never limit Clips by age you want to limit Clips only by the storage you have available.... Search The Forum for over allocation

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch for the tips!
It seems I have it sorted now...got a couple TB to go until I find out, but it makes more sense now.