BI for 15+ buidlings w/16 channels each

Reaction score
I'm currently managing an inherited system of 16 16-channel DVRs at 15 buildings :sick: (soon to be more) for a nonprofit. The DVRs were obtained over a period of 10 years or so, and thus makes and models vary widely, making it extremely difficult :)nightmare:) to use and manage all 16 systems. About half of the DVRs are Black DH201s (yet these all don't have the same software, as they were purchased over a number of years) and the rest vary in make and model.

I'm looking to create a standardized system with she same NVRs built on a Windows box that could all be managed centrally by a VMS, of which we'd phase in over a number of years. My question is: could BI be part of the solution? The infrastructure right now is built on analog cameras, with most DVRs either in our internal network or available through the locations public IP through a specific port. My thought is that BI could serve as the NVR at each location, but could they all be centrally managed by another software (or does BI allow you to integrate several of it's NVR's centrally)?

TIA!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
what is you budget?
Consider replacing the DVR's with hybrid systems from dahua. That way you can swap out some cameras for HD cams..You can then view them all on dahuas pss...not sure if there is a camera limit. @vector18 would know...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I'm not certain what our budget is for this (they don't dole out budgets to departments), but I'm pretty sure we've been dropping ~$2k on the DVRs for each site, each time we've purchased one.

Oooo - I just did some looking up on dahua and they have sine reasonably price 16ch hybrids. I was peaking at the dahuas pss, and couldn't tell if I could make backups from it, or if I'd need to do backups locally - anyone with experience with dahaus know?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, the prices are fantastic. They even have tribrids that can do, analog, CVI, and ip. That way if they dont want to pay to swap cable you can still do HD over coax with CVI. These eyeserve tribrids are dahua...the cheaper ones can only do 2 channels ip and only 1080p...
http://www.nellyssecurity.com/recorders/tribrids/16-channel.html
You guys are getting jacked if you are paying 2k for a DVR.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
With smart PSS, you can have 64 cameras at a time on one screen, but what can you really see since they are so small anyway?

Attachments