BI hangs during update

ZiggyNZ

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone come across this series of errors before during an update? I also can't kill the BI process (Win7 x64) machine. Done a fresh install but still recurring and need to reboot each time which is not ideal.

Attachments

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, just chiming in with a similar problem. When I do the update through BI I get the same first error message you show with "BlueIris.exe failed(32)-make sure not in use". I also can not shut down BI through task manager. I do not get the other error messages though, the update will hang so I cancel and try again and eventually it goes through and BI is fine EXCEPT for another problem, when I then try to use the iPhone app the port I use for forwarding does not work anymore so the app does not work and I must go in to my router and change the port for forwarding then change it in the iPhone app to match it to get the app to work. I am sure our problems are related and what I see is that you and I have 64 bit but the problem is loading and failing 32 bit? Any help out there?

Thanks, Adam

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, just chiming in with a similar problem. When I do the update through BI I get the same first error message you show with "BlueIris.exe failed(32)-make sure not in use". I also can not shut down BI through task manager. I do not get the other error messages though, the update will hang so I cancel and try again and eventually it goes through and BI is fine EXCEPT for another problem, when I then try to use the iPhone app the port I use for forwarding does not work anymore so the app does not work and I must go in to my router and change the port for forwarding then change it in the iPhone app to match it to get the app to work. I am sure our problems are related and what I see is that you and I have 64 bit but the problem is loading and failing 32 bit? Any help out there?

Thanks, Adam
Download the update from the website. Shutdown BI and apply the update. I have never had an instance where task manager cannot kill BI.
Your port forward problem has nothing to do with this. Likely you failed to assign a static or resvered ip address for the blue iris machine so every time you restart it gets a new ip.

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman, thanks as always for your response. I never had the port forwarding issue till a week or 2 ago so not sure what happened but next update I will try to download the 64bit upgrade from the BI website after I shut down BI. It just struck me as strange that it looks like BI was trying to update my 64 bit automatically with a 32 but but I am no expert. Thanks again. Adam

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
FYI Fenderman the ip address has not changed, only the port number for port forwarding becomes no good so I have to assign another port number for forwarding but just that. Thanks, Adam

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
FYI Fenderman the ip address has not changed, only the port number for port forwarding becomes no good so I have to assign another port number for forwarding but just that. Thanks, Adam
that is impossible

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Adam you should look at the possibility of setting up a VPN connection to use for remote access and close all open ports for better security. This is a very long thread but in there is information on setting it up for a few different models of routers. VPN Primer for Noobs ASUS routers are pretty easy to setup for use with the OpenVPN app on your phone.

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, I have the standard Comcast Gateway by Technicolor, will look in to it. Thanks, Adam