BI ignoring video length / size settings.

cds333

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This just started recently. I have already downgraded to a previous release to no avail.

Whether I set a time limit or disable that and just set a file size limit it ignores it. The file sizes/lengths are totally random- but all my cameras will save the same amount of time to within a second or two.

For example, all cameras will save a 14 min clip, then the next set of files will be 10 seconds, then the next 8 minutes, followed by 4 minutes, 1 second, etc. There are a lot of few-second sets included in between the longer sets.

In the settings they are supposed to all be 1GB. Previously I had the time limit turned on and it was doing the same thing.

My DB file is on my OS SSD and my New folder is on a HDD. Storage folder is disabled. I have it set to leave empty space so there is always at least 1GB free on the HDD and plenty of space on the SSD.

What could be causing this?

Thank you!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This just started recently. I have already downgraded to a previous release to no avail.

Whether I set a time limit or disable that and just set a file size limit it ignores it. The file sizes/lengths are totally random- but all my cameras will save the same amount of time to within a second or two.

For example, all cameras will save a 14 min clip, then the next set of files will be 10 seconds, then the next 8 minutes, followed by 4 minutes, 1 second, etc. There are a lot of few-second sets included in between the longer sets.

In the settings they are supposed to all be 1GB. Previously I had the time limit turned on and it was doing the same thing.

My DB file is on my OS SSD and my New folder is on a HDD. Storage folder is disabled. I have it set to leave empty space so there is always at least 1GB free on the HDD and plenty of space on the SSD.

What could be causing this?

Thank you!
post a screenshot of your settings

cds333

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The option Combine or cut video each isn’t enabled?
It was originally; it had no effect on the problem either way. BI just ignored both values and cut the files whenever it wanted.

And if anyone is thinking about suggesting that I delete the DB folder and see if that fixes it- please also tell me how to do so while keeping all my saved motion alerts.

Thank you.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Probably not an answer, but You want to leave more free space than 1GB on your platter recording video.
I left more room because I wanted to create a folder of saved events.
1685947793698.png

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Try using Continous and Triggered, and set about 5-9 seconds of pre-trigger record time, and see if the Cut Combine settings will come back into play.