BI Intrusion? Update?

Tome10

n3wb
Reaction score
I remember doing an update last night, I think. Then I noticed this in the connections tab. Portugal? Ideas on this?
BI Intrusion.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I remember doing an update last night, I think. Then I noticed this in the connections tab. Portugal? Ideas on this?
View attachment 25619
That means that someone using that IP hit the blue iris web server page but as you can see there was no connection and no frames sent.... This will occur with any device you port forward... If you want the Ultimate Security read the VPN for noobs thread..

Tome10

n3wb
Reaction score
I can't seem to find the VPN for Noobs thread. I did a search.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
The "graph" icon on the top of the system console screen, second or third from the right I think.

Kwulabear

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having this trouble also. Looking at the log, the ip's it shows that blue iris was hit were from Korea, China and France. This was after seting up openvpn on my linksys router. Which appears to be working though I suspect that the router is not hiding my ip. When I go to whatsmyip, it still shows my wan ip from spectrum but the lan ip is what the linksys is assigning. Which is different from the static ip I set up on my computer. Any other advice as to how to stop the incoming connections to blue iris?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am having this trouble also. Looking at the log, the ip's it shows that blue iris was hit were from Korea, China and France. This was after seting up openvpn on my linksys router. Which appears to be working though I suspect that the router is not hiding my ip. When I go to whatsmyip, it still shows my wan ip from spectrum but the lan ip is what the linksys is assigning. Which is different from the static ip I set up on my computer. Any other advice as to how to stop the incoming connections to blue iris?
You failed to disable your port forwarding or upnp rules...openvpn does not hide your ip, you need it to gain remote access.

Kwulabear

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman. The downside to closing the ports is blue iris won't be viewable from outside the home using the android app correct?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman. The downside to closing the ports is blue iris won't be viewable from outside the home using the android app correct?
no, that is EXACTLY what the vpn is there for...there is no point of the vpn if you open the ports...vpn puts your phone on your local network via a secure tunnel.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
close the ports...then in the BI app, enter the local lan ip address and port only, or enter it in both wan and lan boxes...
then connect to the vpn and use the app, it will work.

Kwulabear

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, It is working. Removed the port from the router. Connected with openvpn on my android phone and it connects. Without openvpn, can't find it. Thanks.