BI licensed no ptz/ trial version ptz works

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
i have a laptop and desktop both running windows 10. First, i installed the trial version of blueiris on my laptop and it works great. Ptz and everything seems to work. I installed the trial version on my desktop and purchased the license. I have confirmed multiple times that the settings match both on the laptop and the desktop yet only the laptop with the trial version has the ability to use ptz controls. any ideas? Blue Iris tech support has not replied via email. not sure if they ever will.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i have a laptop and desktop both running windows 10. First, i installed the trial version of blueiris on my laptop and it works great. Ptz and everything seems to work. I installed the trial version on my desktop and purchased the license. I have confirmed multiple times that the settings match both on the laptop and the desktop yet only the laptop with the trial version has the ability to use ptz controls. any ideas? Blue Iris tech support has not replied via email. not sure if they ever will.
your settings are not the same...export the working settings and import.

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
well i will be damned :wow:. I exported and imported and now it works. It did leave me with a extra non functioning camera which i attempted to delete. Upon attempting to delete the BI software hung/locked up. I used task manager to end the program. I then restarted BI and it works. I was left with some red letters and number etc at the bottom (https://goo.gl/photos/CLb6Dq51uTJdJp9H7). not sure whats happening. but it all seems to be working ok.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
well i will be damned :wow:. I exported and imported and now it works. It did leave me with a extra non functioning camera which i attempted to delete. Upon attempting to delete the BI software hung/locked up. I used task manager to end the program. I then restarted BI and it works. I was left with some red letters and number etc at the bottom (https://goo.gl/photos/CLb6Dq51uTJdJp9H7). not sure whats happening. but it all seems to be working ok.
that means you over allocated storage