BI Mobile Setup

Bentley

Banned
Reaction score
I turned the firewall back on and that killed the mobile app. In the firewall setting there are two boxes that can be check marked I checked both and it worked again. Don't know if its necessary to check both but its working so it stays as is.

How do you set it static and where? Thanks for the help

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
To set your IP Address as static you can follow these directions from Howtogeek.com.

Note: the DNS they are setting up their computer for is the Google DNS. You don't have to use that one if you don't want. If you would like to continue to use the DNS of your service provider (Im guessing that is what is currenlty being used) you can find this informaiton by typing in "ipconfig /all" in the command line and writing down your current DNS information before changing your IP address to static and using it during the configuration of DNS in Windows.

Bentley

Banned
Reaction score
Mobile setup for iPhone

The following is how I set up a mobile app in Blue iris, its for those with very very little network experience. In my case the network challagned. All the credit for success goes to Mr. Fenderman and Mr. Zuppmeister. So here we goes.

First, turn off all your virus scanners and disable your firewall. You can change all the settings you want if the firewall or virus scanner are stopping the process your dead in the water before you start. You could have had the proper settings all along and would have never know it. Credit Mr ruppmeister.
Just make sure when you do get it working enable the firewall and virus software.

In the User tab under Blue Iris Options, Push add button icon and add a user and password. VERY VERY important apparently the user name and passwords are case sensitive. Credit again Zuppmeister.

Now the Web Server tab:

The Web server tab has many boxes that require information. In my case all are filled in automatically but not necessarily with the correct information. The root should be C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 4\www. At least thats what mine shows. The Local, internal (LAN) access is in my case: http://192.168.10.107:81. Just to the right of that is the interfaces box. In my case 192.168.10.107. Notice the absence of the :81, which I believe is the port number. In my case this simple entry, which I incorrectly entered or accepted, caused me untold grief. If I set it correctly it may have worked but only if the firewall was disabled or properly setup which it wasn't until the suggestion by ruppmeiester.

Concerning the IP addressees: "Its not a number you can change its there for informational purposes..." , "In fact, 99 percent of the users will not have the option to change the interface dropdown... BI had the 192.168.1.2 address there because we temporarily changed the pc's ip address to that address when we had to access the switch...If you reboot the pc, the option may go away..not sure though..but it doesn't matter." Apparently I'm the 1 the one percent that didn't change, go figure. I am using a managed switch as referred to above which caused its own set of problems. Many thanks to Mr. Fenderman for his professional input.

Once the fire wall was turned off it worked. I turned on the firewall after it started working and behold it didn't work. I went back to the firewall and noticed there are two boxes that can be checked home/work(Private) and Public. I checked both and it worked. Don't know if both need to be checked but it worked for me so I'm not changing anything. My anti virus software didn't seem to have an effect on the process.

This entire process, to be successful, is under the premise that all other entries into BI are correct, which mine weren't because of the managed switch. Many thanks to Mr. F and Mr. Z for their invaluable input.

For some reason the app. did not copy. A few treads back is a copy of the app. screen.

The above is the Blue Iris app. on a IPhone 5, available from the iTunes app. store for $9.99. When you setup the app. enter the information as shown above. For a normal install only enter as shown nothing else. The above IP address in the box is incorrect use the IP of your PC . After correcting everything on my PC the app. connected without a problem. I also have the app. on my IPad but haven't got this working yet. I entered the same information as on my IPhone but for some reason it's not working. Maybe I have to purchase a second app.?

Edit: In my iPad settings I put the :81 at the end of the IP address and it worked. According to Mr F. The port must entered on each device.

It was suggested that the IP you chose or had chosen for you be static. To set your IP Address as static you can follow these directions from howtogeek.com. Thanks Mr. Z

I had some difficulty in addressing the problems with mobile devices. The following are tools that are available to help post your problems or concerns. These have nothing to do with the problem at hand but in its presentation. When asked to provide an image concerning a problem use windows snipping tool for images shown on screen. Wonderful tool. Screen shots for iPhone images check https://www.google.com/search?q=iphone+screen+shot&oq=iphone+screen+shot&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.5399j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=iphone+screenshot for instructions. Wonderful tools both compliments of Mr. F.

Hopefully this will be helpful to the very basic user such as myself.

Thanks to all Bentley

Last edited by a moderator: