BI not deleting old files or moving over new recordings.

HEVNBND

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a location that is not deleting old recordings. I have all new recordings recording to my SSD Windows 10 drive. They then move to my 8TB storage drive after 20GB of recordings on my SSD. They are moving to the 8TB drive but it does not delete the old ones so it fills up and then my SSD fills up since it can not move the files over. Here is a copy of my Clip Storage. I am running a Database Repair right now.

All of my cameras are setup like the image above. What am i missing?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a location that is not deleting old recordings. I have all new recordings recording to my SSD Windows 10 drive. They then move to my 8TB storage drive after 20GB of recordings on my SSD. They are moving to the 8TB drive but it does not delete the old ones so it fills up and then my SSD fills up since it can not move the files over. Here is a copy of my Clip Storage. I am running a Database Repair right now.

All of my cameras are setup like the image above. What am i missing?
you have a serious overallocation error..you have allocated way more space than you have...

HEVNBND

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am not following. I have an 8TB drive and I am allocating 7000GB to it for storage. There is NOTHING else on the drive but storage.

For my OS drive I have a 128GB SSD with 20GB allocated for New recordings. When there is only 20GB of recordings I have 70GB free on OS drive.

Please explain further.

BubbaJoe

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You need to back up on your storage. Its 723 gigs over. Your database will get corrupted quickly. Time to delete some old data. By backup I mean reduce your storage size.

BubbaJoe

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Your storage is corrupted. Who knows why. Delete some old data and run a repair. Also give your c drive at least 10% free space.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There is NO need to move files, just have everything saved to the D drive in the new folder, then set the new folder to the size you want to use, then have it delete. Keep Bi and the database on the C drive.

7000gb is 7TB, an 8tb drive won't format to the full 8tb. You need to leave at least 100gb or more not allocated on the 8tb drive as per the help file, or you will have the problems you are having.

In your first pic, the red part of the bar graph is showing that you have the D drive overalocated.

HEVNBND

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is NO need to move files, just have everything saved to the D drive in the new folder, then set the new folder to the size you want to use, then have it delete. Keep Bi and the database on the C drive.

7000gb is 7TB, an 8tb drive won't format to the full 8tb. You need to leave at least 100gb or more not allocated on the 8tb drive as per the help file, or you will have the problems you are having.

In your first pic, the red part of the bar graph is showing that you have the D drive overalocated.
An 8TB drive will format to 7.27TB. So allowing 7TB be stored on the 8TB drive leaves me more than 100GB per the help file. Also i have always read that if you have a fast SSD drive that BI, the database and the NEW recordings should go to it and then move over to the larger drive for optimal performance.

Per my original post I am only over allocated because BI is NOT deleting old files.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
An 8TB drive will format to 7.27TB. So allowing 7TB be stored on the 8TB drive leaves me more than 100GB per the help file. Also i have always read that if you have a fast SSD drive that BI, the database and the NEW recordings should go to it and then move over to the larger drive for optimal performance.

Per my original post I am only over allocated because BI is NOT deleting old files.
Have you tried rebuilding the database?
Record direct to the HDD...

HEVNBND

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am rebuilding the database again now. I will post my results. I will try recording directly to the 8TB drive instead of moving over if the rebuild does not work.

HEVNBND

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Rebuilt database and this is what my storage looks like in BI now. What causes it still to go over my allocated 20GB on my SSD drive?

BubbaJoe

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Because you have over 24 gigs of recordings. Add another 5 gigs and see what happens.

awahl101

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not sure why you would want to ever record to your ssd, its just using un necessary write cycles then has to copy over to your other drive

Record directly to your 8TB

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Because you have over 24 gigs of recordings. Add another 5 gigs and see what happens.
this...even though OP's settings limit to 20, there are times when the file cannot be moved, if its still writing and/or depending on the combine and cut settings..