BI not working as expected on new computer

bertsirkin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had BI running with 7 Hikvision 3mp cameras on a computer that was fairly slow. All of the cameras are direct-wired with Cat5e. BI was using about 65% of the CPU most of the time, but it was running fine - no problems.

I now have a new computer (Dell optiplex 7020, Windows 10 Pro/64bit, I7-4790 3.6ghz, 8GB RAM). I exported my settings from the old computer and have imported them in the new computer. The BI user interface is now running VERY slow (although only using 19% of the CPU) - the same cameras are displaying 1 frame about every 4 seconds, and motion is not being recorded or identified.

I've checked all of the settings and they appear to be correct. I'm also running BI as a service.

The odd thing is that when I connect to BI on another computer using the ui2.htm interface, the motion is fine - a little slow, but nothing like 1 frame every 4 seconds. The issues are all on the new computer within the BI user interface.

Any ideas on why it's not working?

typo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
since you already have the export files

try deleting all the cameras and re-adding them one at a time (I'm a novice with BI, but this is a troubleshooting step I'd take)

bertsirkin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I figured it out (somewhat).

When I was remoting into the new computer (MS Remote Desktop), the interface was showing 1 frame every 4 seconds and didn't recognize motion. If I connect a monitor to the computer, the frame rate is normal and it is detecting motion. I was using MS Remote Desktop on the old computer without issue, and the new computer is using the same network connection. Not sure why BI is reacting like this.

As for the files not getting recorded, the drive letter on the new computer is different, so I had to change the database and files location within BI.

BUT... the clips thumbnail is showing up, but when clicked, I get an ERROR: "Unable to open file: ERROR 80004005"

Here is my configuration:

2016-01-13_14-52-41.jpg 2016-01-13_14-54-28.jpg

Can anyone tell me why the clips aren't being found?

typo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I could have sworn that's a setting in BI, where if you're using RDP, it uses a lower refresh rate for the video, but you could change it. I think I read that implication in another post.

I get an unable to open file once in a while, and if I just wait or reboot, it works.

bertsirkin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I could have sworn that's a setting in BI, where if you're using RDP, it uses a lower refresh rate for the video, but you could change it. I think I read that implication in another post.

I get an unable to open file once in a while, and if I just wait or reboot, it works.
Apparently there used to be an option "Display video during Remote Terminal sessions" in the startup tab - I found another forum thread about that - but it doesn't exist in v4 (at least that I can find).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It is there in v4, not in front of a pc but look in the blue iris options startup or camera tabs

bertsirkin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is there in v4, not in front of a pc but look in the blue iris options startup or camera tabs
Thank you - I found it in the "Cameras" tab. That was the issue.

P.S. - I finally got the clips to save properly, but had to delete everything in the folder where the db and files were stored - once I restarted BI, they started saving properly.

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you - I found it in the "Cameras" tab. That was the issue.

P.S. - I finally got the clips to save properly, but had to delete everything in the folder where the db and files were stored - once I restarted BI, they started saving properly.
Can you post a pic of that?. Does this effect just MS Remote desktop or others like teamviewer?

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use Chrome Remote Desktop and that setting doesn't seem to have any effect on my setup. I am thinking it only takes effect when using the built in MS Remote Desktop service.

CBers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Same here.

Error 80004005 when using Chrome Remote Desktop or Chrome RDP from my Chromebook.

Anyone found a fix please?