BI options & cam properties grayed out

42etus

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All, I just found this forum, so bare with me as a newby.

BI just started graying out the camera properties and option buttons in the top left corner. Can't figure out why. I have the latest version 3.62.04 and am running Windows 7.

Any ideas??

Paul

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, Welcome to the forum. There was a new feature added that is causing your problem. You need to run the software as administrator From the help and whats new files...

• You may now run the application or console without administrator privileges, that is, under a standard user account or without UAC elevation (the prompt asking you to allow the software to make changes to your computer). When ran this way, you will be unable to make changes to the software configuration or camera properties--for that, you must either right-click the icon and select "run as administrator" or change the shortcut's settings to always run as administrator. In addition, you will only be able to manually delete and move clips if you have write access to the folders without administrator privileges.
    default, when you run the software, you must be using an administrator account and/or answer Yes to the UAC prompt (the one asking to allow the software to make changes to your computer). However, if you uncheck the box for Require run-as Administrator for the console or when stand-alone, you may allow the console (or the application if not running as a service) to run "as a user." When running in this way, the user may not make any changes to the Blue Iris settings or camera properties. In addition, the user will only be able to manually delete and move clips if they have write access to the folders without administrator privileges. Note also that unless you are running as a service, some features may not be fully functional, such as the web server and automatic software updates.

42etus

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply, fenderman. That solved my problem