x88dually

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I forgot user name and password.

What do i do now ?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
If you're trying to log into the local console use the user name and password that you used when you logged into Windoohs for the install, originally.

If you're trying to log in remotely, UI3 or the BI app, look in the console under the "User" tab.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I forgot user name and password.

What do i do now ?
what password did you forget?
if bi is asking for a password when you launch it you have it setup wrong, there are several threads explaining this.
if its showing user as local_console the password is black unless you changed it

x88dually

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
console shows local_console
when i try to get in using a different pc, bi wants a user/pass
didnt think i ever made a password

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
console shows local_console
when i try to get in using a different pc, bi wants a user/pass
didnt think i ever made a password
none of this makes sense. what different pc? are you trying to log in via webserver? then change password in the users tab.
post a screenshot. if the promt shows local console leave password blank. then search for the threads explaining what you need to uncheck - that is what caused your issue in the first place

x88dually

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yes, web browser from other pc going to port 81. Login page comes up. i never set a password in console, but wont let me login w/o a user/pass.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yes, web browser from other pc going to port 81. Login page comes up. i never set a password in console, but wont let me login w/o a user/pass.
of course it wont. you need to set a user in the user tab

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
none of this makes sense. what different pc? are you trying to log in via webserver? then change password in the users tab.
post a screenshot. if the promt shows local console leave password blank. then search for the threads explaining what you need to uncheck - that is what caused your issue in the first place
This jumped into my mind when you said your first sentence.. LOL

tenor.gif