BI picture saving

jhochst

n3wb
Reaction score
I am new to BI, I have a new IP cam connected. I seem to have the wunderground server set correct. I am struggling with the saving of snapshots and those being sent to wunderground. ANY help would be great. I have not been able to find anything on this here. I am using a demo version. Is the demo version limited?
thanks

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am new to BI, I have a new IP cam connected. I seem to have the wunderground server set correct. I am struggling with the saving of snapshots and those being sent to wunderground. ANY help would be great. I have not been able to find anything on this here. I am using a demo version. Is the demo version limited?
thanks

Jason
Welcome to the forum...see the cameras properties post tab then click help to read the help file

jhochst

n3wb
Reaction score
I do not like BI so far. It will not record longer than 15 seconds and stops. I have everything set. I went through all tabs. I'm not going to pay money and find out it still doesn't work. Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I do not like BI so far. It will not record longer than 15 seconds and stops. I have everything set. I went through all tabs. I'm not going to pay money and find out it still doesn't work. Thanks
Blue iris works..you are setting it wrong.. Spend time learning it... It's not going to magically work without proper settings...apply some logic, do you think all the blue iris users here have non working systems?...

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On the motion/trigger tab set the "End trigger unless re-triggered in" to the value you want for recording. This is assuming you are using recording when triggered on the record tab. BI will do pretty much what ever you want it to.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't know why BI has such a short default setting for recording after motion stops. Lots of times people can enter a frame, trigger motion recording, but then stand or sit there in-frame and not trigger it again until they leave even while fiddling on their phone, sitting in your car going through your stuff, whatever. Anyway, anijet has it right. I'll attach a snapshot. It's called the "Break time". Mine's set to record for two minutes after motion stops in case someone stands still or doesn't move much for a while. With it set at 2 minutes I generally only miss cat naptime when they're curled up.

Also, snapshots are saved in your BlueIris/New subdirectory. An attached pic that shows "Folder: New" in the Record tab right under the green "Profile 1" will show the control to change it, but you probably just want to know where it gets saved? Or are you trying to automagically send each snapshot to wunderground somehow?

BlueIris_extendendtriggertime.pngBlueIrisRecordDirectory.png