BI Schedules and Profiles

t84a

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi folks. I think I'm missing something in attempting to get BI to work the way I want it to work. I established 2 Profiles: 1) 24/7 and 2) Night Only.

I have some cameras that I only want to record and alert during the night only.

I go into each of these cameras' settings and select Night Only from the drop down in Alerts and Record, hit ok and move on. However, I still get alerts so I go back to the cameras' settings and the options are set to 24/7 meaning it's not saving my selections.

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Yes you have it set up wrong...Here is what you need to do.
Understand that the drop down in the alerts and record allow you to have different settings in that tab for each profile (this is a very powerful feature so during profile 1 you can have your sensitivity low but during profile 2 high..or no alerts during profile 1 but yes during 2)...to understand this go to your alerts tab and select push notifications to send an alert during profile 2 but not during profile 1..as you switch back and forth the check mark will change...
Now (assuming you are using the global schedule, which works for what you are trying to accomplish) draw profile 1 for the day hours and profile 2 for the night (you can set to adjust to sunrise and sunset too, I have a post on that). In your cameras that you only want to record and alert at night, make sure recording and alerts are disabled during profile 1....
I hope this helps..let us know if you need more help...

t84a

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks a million. I knew it was definitely user error. Just to summarize my setup, I have 9 cameras (all Foscam-nothing special); 3 are local (same network a PC that has BI) and 6 are remote (accessed via DYNDNS). For the local cameras, I just want recording/motion trigger and alerts at night. For the other 6, I want 24/7 recording/motion and alerts. If I understand your post, there was a day and a night but not a 24/7. Let me know if I misunderstood (again) and if not, how I would accomplish what I'm trying to do. Thanks again.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Its a bit confusing but you will have a eureka moment soon :). In the global schedule you need to set up two profiles 1 for day, profile 2 for night . For the cameras that you want to record 24/7 go to the record tab, first select profile 1 and select continuous in the video option. Then go to profile two and select continuous as well. This will ensure 24/7 recording regardless of profile. (you can disable the motion trigger on the motion tab). Do the same for alerts, go to each cam and select alerts for BOTH profiles.
For your local cameras that go to profile 1 and disable recording by selecting "only manual" in the record tab. Then select profile 2 in the record tab and select when triggered. Then in the motion tab select profile 2 and set your motion preferences.

t84a

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok. I think I"m getting it. I may have messed things up a bit in reading the help screen. It says By default, every minute of every day will use profile 1 (green). So I went back and reset Profile 1 to "default" and set it to all green. I set up DayOnly and NightOnly and put green for those hours. What is the blue in Schedule? For the cams I want alerts and to record nights, I set to Only manual (Record) or Never (Alerts) or I unchecked Enable (Motion/Trigger) for "default" and "DayOnly".

Next issue is PUSH. In Moblie Devices, my iPad shows up but not my iPhone. For my iPad, I have push checked. When I try to do a test "push" I get a pop up "Test message sent to 0 devices" so that's a problem.

Thanks again. I really appreciate it. The Help manual is counter intuitive and mostly sends you back to the screen you had the original question about.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You need to set profile two for the night hours... The schedule should not be all green

t84a

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks. I think I have everything working now. I really appreciate your help. You definitely got me pointed in the right direction.