BI Service Stopping on one machine, "freezing" on the other

vraicovi

n3wb
Reaction score
I have two installs of BI; one on my my server and one on my father's computer.

On my machine for the last few weeks, the BI service has been stopping overnight - usually around 5:30am. The service says it's stopped, you can't access the web interface, and it no longer records clips until I log into the machine and start the service. This is on Blue Iris v4.7.3.3 x64. It is currently set to auto-update at 5:11am every morning.

On my father's computer, the BI service has been "freezing" overnight - usually around 3:15am. The service says it's still running, but you can't access the the web interface and it no longer records clips until I log into the machine and restart the service. This is on Blue Iris v4.7.3.3 x64. It is currently set to auto-update at 3am every morning.

To me, it looks like there is something with the auto-update that is throwing it for a loop. Any ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have two installs of BI; one on my my server and one on my father's computer.

On my machine for the last few weeks, the BI service has been stopping overnight - usually around 5:30am. The service says it's stopped, you can't access the web interface, and it no longer records clips until I log into the machine and start the service. This is on Blue Iris v4.7.3.3 x64. It is currently set to auto-update at 5:11am every morning.

On my father's computer, the BI service has been "freezing" overnight - usually around 3:15am. The service says it's still running, but you can't access the the web interface and it no longer records clips until I log into the machine and restart the service. This is on Blue Iris v4.7.3.3 x64. It is currently set to auto-update at 3am every morning.

To me, it looks like there is something with the auto-update that is throwing it for a loop. Any ideas?
Disable auto update...also manually update from the website...the latest updates have a patch to address just this issue. See release notes.