BI showing higher frame rate than camera settings?

RJF

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The video settings for both of my Dahuas (FRONT, SOUTH) are identical and set at 20 FPS. BI is showing that one of them (FRONT) is 30 FPS, which is very strange. I just restarted everything and I'm still seeing it. Any ideas? I just installed the new version (4.6.4.9) but don't check these settings very often so I have no idea whether this behavior was occurring before also.

a.JPG

b.jpg

Weather_Junkie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have Amcrest cameras and have had the same issues. I can select them both to 20 fps in the Amcrest IP login screen but it seems over time, the BI shows them at 30+ fps. It doesn't bother me as I have a very fast computer and two mirrored 4TB drives recording clips locally but find it strange the setting doesn't stick.

RJF

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have Amcrest cameras and have had the same issues. I can select them both to 20 fps in the Amcrest IP login screen but it seems over time, the BI shows them at 30+ fps. It doesn't bother me as I have a very fast computer and two mirrored 4TB drives recording clips locally but find it strange the setting doesn't stick.
The experts will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that if a camera is set on the camera's login page to record at X FPS, then that is what the camera is recording at, and BI is just showing the wrong FPS.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The video settings for both of my Dahuas (FRONT, SOUTH) are identical and set at 20 FPS. BI is showing that one of them (FRONT) is 30 FPS, which is very strange. I just restarted everything and I'm still seeing it. Any ideas? I just installed the new version (4.6.4.9) but don't check these settings very often so I have no idea whether this behavior was occurring before also.

View attachment 23420

View attachment 23421
Please see post on firmware bug.

IPC-HDW5231R-ZE H.265 Firmware Bugs

This is for the IPC-HDW5231R-Z or IPC-HDW5231R-ZE. If you have one of these cameras revert to this firmware below. If it is for a different model then search for firmware on Dahua website.

Hey Guys

Can download the July one here
Dropbox - DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng__Stream3_V2.460.0000.14.R.20170720.bin
When you finished all upgrading of the cams, not forget to make a default on the webpage. This is necessary step. no forget.