BI Signal Restart

ClipperMiami

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there any way for BI to signal that it has restarted? Specifically I'm looking for a way using HTTP got my BI to notify my Vera that it has restarted, for example after it has updated the version.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any way for BI to signal that it has restarted? Specifically I'm looking for a way using HTTP got my BI to notify my Vera that it has restarted, for example after it has updated the version.
do not use auto update. You are simply asking for problems...

ClipperMiami

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm not using auto-update but I would like some way for BI to tell Vera if I manually update, restart the PC, etc. Vera manages BI in conjunction with the DSC alarm system settings to set the BI mode/profile depending on the alarm state so I like to keep Vera updated on changes.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not using auto-update but I would like some way for BI to tell Vera if I manually update, restart the PC, etc. Vera manages BI in conjunction with the DSC alarm system settings to set the BI mode/profile depending on the alarm state so I like to keep Vera updated on changes.
I dont know of a way to do this...maybe im missing something but why would it matter to vera if the pc was restarted?

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think you could use Blue Iris Tools, which has a built in watchdog interface which can launch a URL command if it detects BlueIris service down or restarted.

ClipperMiami

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As an example, Vera sets the profile in BI according to whether the alarm is set Away Day/Night or Home Day/Night. If the PC restarts for some reason BI does not appear to return to the last Profile setting. If Vera could know the PC had restarted it could reset the BI mode to match the current expected mode for the current alarm settings.

ClipperMiami

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think you could use Blue Iris Tools, which has a built in watchdog interface which can launch a URL command if it detects BlueIris service down or restarted.
"Notifications - Get notified if BI crashes via e-mail, push notifications via Pushover (download BIT iconhere), by playing a sound, pinging / launching a URL."

A quick scan looks like that might do it, I'll check it out.

Thanks
John

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As an example, Vera sets the profile in BI according to whether the alarm is set Away Day/Night or Home Day/Night. If the PC restarts for some reason BI does not appear to return to the last Profile setting. If Vera could know the PC had restarted it could reset the BI mode to match the current expected mode for the current alarm settings.
In my testing blue iris stays at the last profile setting even after a reboot.

ClipperMiami

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Mine does sometimes too, but not consistently. So far this week I've seen it come back up with no profile active at all, not even the "~" Inactive profile.

I've tried installing the BI Tools to see if I can get a positive message on restart but i keep getting installation errors, says my system has out of date files but everything is current --- does BI tools not run under Windows XP?