BI Software Cost

ARS2020

n3wb
Reaction score
Amazon seems to sell Amcrest BI for 45. How is that different from the one sold at the blueirissoftware.com for $69.00.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Amazon seems to sell Amcrest BI for 45. How is that different from the one sold at the blueirissoftware.com for $69.00.
its the same, except its sold by amcrest who resells it...many here dont support amcrest because they are the same folks how ran foscam digital technologies - a texas based foscam distributor...instead the choose to support the developer directly..blue iris is developed by a single person...also its 60 dollars via the website not 69, make sure to uncheck backup protection which is a useless addon sold by the storefront digital river...
also note the mobile app is an additional 10 dollars per device.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
also note the mobile app is an additional 10 dollars per device.
Except like all mobile apps you only have to buy it once and you can use it on all your devices that share the same platform (Android or iOS). If you want to use it on Android and iOS devices both, then you have to buy it once on each platform.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Except like all mobile apps you only have to buy it once and you can use it on all your devices that share the same platform (Android or iOS). If you want to use it on Android and iOS devices both, then you have to buy it once on each platform.
yes, good point, but unless the devices share a user account, you would need to setup family sharing....I personally like to keep everything separate...small business users may also have this issue..

Last edited:

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have setup many Blue Iris system setups for my clients. I choose to support the developer directly and buy it from blueirissoftware.com

I want to give the developer as much credit/support as possible for making such a great product and don't want to undercut by going through a different source :)