BI starting to intermittently drop Hikvision camera

bguzz

n3wb
Reaction score
Running BI 5.3.3.8 on a Dell Optiplex.

Have a variety of 2 Dahua and 2 Hikvision cameras (model DS-2CD2343G0-IU).

The Dahua's and one of the HIkvisions run fine...the other Hikvision periodically drops the connection. it does it every minute for 15 - 20 seconds. I used to get the lost signal message, but did something where no it just freezes and unfreezes. The weird thing is that I can run the Hikvision direct access via camera IP on the same computer that is running BI. The web access never misses a beat...I can see by the clock that it is running perfectly.

I have compared the two camera's config settings both on the camera (via browser access) and in BI...both are setup exactly the same other than the name and IP address. I've also swapped ports on my POE switch and it made no difference. I feel that what I've done has proven that it isn't a network issue since its working via browser.

Camera has worked perfectly fine for over a year...this has happened all of a sudden. Any suggestions? (BTW, I've already upped the receive buffer to 20mb).

Thanks in advance.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Try deleting and recreating the problem camera. Let BI "find and inspect" and take those settings. I know it's a PITA to re-do detections zones, schedules and everything else but it is one step to take to try to find the problem.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
are you sure the cable to the camera is not wet or corroded. Is it properly water proofed ?

bguzz

n3wb
Reaction score
its under an eve and protected...same as the others. The fact that there are no issues when viewing from a browser makes me think there is no signal issue, but rather a blue iris issue. If there was corrosion, I would think the web view of the camera would be impacted as well.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Oh it works fine in the browser....duh....hmmm....assign it a new static IP address, and add a new camera.....If it works ok,,,,,compare the settings of the new cam to what ever the "no signal" cam is showing for settings.

Reaction score
Oh it works fine in the browser....duh....hmmm....assign it a new static IP address, and add a new camera.....If it works ok,,,,,compare the settings of the new cam to what ever the "no signal" cam is showing for settings.

This has happened to more than one of mine. deleting the camera, changing the IP and reinstalling the Camera works for some strange reason

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Ya know How I found out? I was trying to find the Breaker for the Condo Party room, and flipped the breaker for my office! killed the whole rack. 3 Camera's went wonky.( dissappeared) ....I brought them in 1 by 1 and plugged them in at my Rack, to see wtf....
I ended up holding the reset button button for 10-15 sec. and trying to see if I bricked them. So tried repair db and one came back. but it was freezing Blue iris. So yeah, did add a new camera and changed to a new IP address, and a new camera name. then I worked things out.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Might be a defect in the camera hardware. I'm at a loss. If it was my cctv setup I might just try a diff camera to get rid of the annoyance, and fiddle around with that goofy one when you have time.