BI stops responding randomly

AstroIROC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have been using Blue Iris for several years on this system. It seems that after up grading from 3.0 to 4.0 is where the trouble started. BU will stop responding, the cameras will be stopped all at a certain time and stay that way till you close BU and reopen it. It still records and stores clips as normal, but you don't know that until restarting. Then you can see the clips that were saved during the time that it was froze. the system is a intel i5-6400 with 8 gb of ram. The BU version right now is 4.4.9.10 x64. When its running the cpu usage is around 30%, so I'm pretty sure that its not resource related. This computer is used as a desktop in an office, but can randomly stop even during the night when no one is there. What thins should I be looking for. TY

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Search the forum for memory leak, you need the proper intel driver that does not suffer from this leak...

AstroIROC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Updated the driver from 21.20.16.4534 to 21.20.16.4542. Let's see what happens TY fenderman

nutshellml

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's the driver I have and using, it's not the cause since I'm having BI crash and/or memory leaks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That's the driver I have and using, it's not the cause since I'm having BI crash and/or memory leaks.
The driver is the cause of memory leaks...you need to find the correct one....its a known issue with intel drivers and h.264 decoding..

nutshellml

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Think I got it. Had to force install as per another post. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk