BI system build Question

fatboy95

n3wb
Reaction score
I am new to BI but purchased it on recommendation of co-worker. Found out my old Dual Xeon system can barely handle 1 camera once going through all the settings. Since an I7 is so expensive I wanted to see what everyone' thought was about the below specs.. I would like to be able to run 5 to 8 camera's once my system is fully built. I have not seen a lot of info for those using AMD. Please realize not all of us can afford Intel prices considering this system will be the same as buying the I7 6700 cpu only.
[h=1]AMD Octa-core FX-8370 4GHz Desktop Processor with Wraith Cooler
ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD

Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 DRAM 2133MHz (PC3 17000) C11 Memory Kit - Black
[/h]
I have everything else.. will use the case and such from my Xeon systems since it is outdated. I do plan to use this as a dual use system with ESXI, running a fileserver and BI. I have a raid card for the fileserver and will run the BI HDD off the sata onboard connectors.

thank you..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am new to BI but purchased it on recommendation of co-worker. Found out my old Dual Xeon system can barely handle 1 camera once going through all the settings. Since an I7 is so expensive I wanted to see what everyone' thought was about the below specs.. I would like to be able to run 5 to 8 camera's once my system is fully built. I have not seen a lot of info for those using AMD. Please realize not all of us can afford Intel prices considering this system will be the same as buying the I7 6700 cpu only.
AMD Octa-core FX-8370 4GHz Desktop Processor with Wraith Cooler
ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD

Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 DRAM 2133MHz (PC3 17000) C11 Memory Kit - Black

I have everything else.. will use the case and such from my Xeon systems since it is outdated. I do plan to use this as a dual use system with ESXI, running a fileserver and BI. I have a raid card for the fileserver and will run the BI HDD off the sata onboard connectors.

thank you..
Welcome to the forum. You dual xeon system is old and outdated, a power hog and underpowered. You also likely didnt enable direct to disk which is a must or are using the demo where direct to disc is not enabled (even if you select it)

DO NOT use AMD. They are power hogs and do not support intel hd graphics - which blue iris can use for hardware acceleration. You can buy a complete i7-6700 system for 400-500 dollars with 3 year next business day warranties. Search the forum for elitedesk and optiplex. Your blue iris system should be dedicated to blue iris.

fatboy95

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the advise.. I am using d2d which is the only thing that allows me to run it...lol. I will look at those systems you recomended