BI Time Line, Alerts and colours

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can someone tell me if there is a way for BI to colour the alerts on the time line for each camera.

My attached image shows three cams I have coloured Green/Yelllow/Red as solid bars because I have them on continuous recording but as you can see all the alerts are Red so it's impossible to tell which cam alerted at that moment. Is there a BI setting I'm missing?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me if there is a way for BI to colour the alerts on the time line for each camera.

My attached image shows three cams I have coloured Green/Yelllow/Red as solid bars because I have them on continuous recording but as you can see all the alerts are Red so it's impossible to tell which cam alerted at that moment. Is there a BI setting I'm missing?
no, the alerts will remain the same color...you can select to view a particular camera and the alerts from that camera only

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
no, the alerts will remain the same color...you can select to view a particular camera and the alerts from that camera only
I thought that might be the case, It would be a nice feature enhancement to have the trigger/alert events row of the timeline colour coded.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought that might be the case, It would be a nice feature enhancement to have the trigger/alert events row of the timeline colour coded.
you can email support and ask for it...

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So I contacted support with : "I’d like to make a feature request - Would it be possible to review the option of having the alerts on the time line the same colour as the chosen for the camera that generated the alert. At the moment they all appear Red."

Ken from support came back with : "This is a good idea ... but will become problematic when there are multiple cameras/colors for the alert. I think it might be better if above the alert icon, in the camera lines, it would show something there to indicate which line it was. I will look at this ..."

So I've gone back with : "I think the alert icon being placed in the camera line would be a great idea, would make it very clear at a glance which camera generarted the alert. So I was thinking that something like this (hacked up in paint) maybe also keep the main alert bar below it"

upload_2018-4-27_17-7-19.png