BI unable to start

jjsmd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am trying to get BIon one of my computers and It had been working ok for about a week , but now
when I try to start it up I just get the initial splash screen and then it hangs untill I have to click on it and it sasy "not responding" and I need to shut it down.

Anything I can try to figure out why it is not responding and not starting up?

ZThere is plenty of disk space available.

Attachments

jjsmd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No
I reboot it and same thing .

I have uninstalled BI and then reinstalled it and same thing.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
When you uninstalled BI did you remove registry entries and everything ? I would backup your current settings and then remove BI completely and do a reinstall of BI and if it doesn't startup then you have a hardware or OS issue.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
are you running a clean install of windows? if not perform a clean installation using the media creation tool

jjsmd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok
I have done a clean install of Windows and reinstalled BI

It seems that every time I close BI it doesn't close cleanly (sometimes it doesn't close at all and I have to use task manager) and then I cannot get BI to start again. It just hangs at splash page

I've had to uninstall BI several times and reinstall and then it occasi9nally starts up

Is there an issue with number of cameras? I'm presently using 25? Or types of cameras?

I really haven't changed any of the default settings but still can't get BI to start reliably

Anything else I can try?

Thanks

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Did BI start when you first installed it with NO cameras installed (demo) mode ? If it does run with out cams then you might have a corrupted install. Add a few cams and see how it acts then. Even with a fresh install of windows if you are restoring your old BI setup, you could just be adding the issue again.

MJCS

n3wb
Reaction score
My Blue Iris will not even load. I get the splash screen and then nothing. Version 4.7.2. I get no errors. No event log entries.

Did a fresh install of Windows 10. No change.

jjsmd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How many cameras are you monitoring?

I had to uninstall BI delete everything, reinstall a clean copy of BI and then when I run less cameras it seems to work

MJCS

n3wb
Reaction score
Two cameras. Literally 2.

And It's a new install, nothing configured

micoinde

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I started experiencing the connections issues after updating to 4.7.3.0. x64. I'm running 17 cameras and have had no issues for months.

A complete uninstall and clean install solved this issue.

Does anyone know why this occurs?