BI updated and all Dahua's are now offline...

Whoop

n3wb
Reaction score
So my BI automatically updated this morning and all 5 of my Dahua starlights are now appearing offline. I can get to them directly from a browser and they are on the same firmware they have been on for months. Cameras worked just fine prior to the update and I can review recorded video as well. I have tried dropping and adding a camera but even thought the inspect returns valid ONVIF data, the view shows it as offline. Anyone else having a similar issue with BI version 4.6.9.0 x64?

Edit: Forgot to mention my Hikvisions are working just fine.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So my BI automatically updated this morning and all 5 of my Dahua starlights are now appearing offline. I can get to them directly from a browser and they are on the same firmware they have been on for months. Cameras worked just fine prior to the update and I can review recorded video as well. I have tried dropping and adding a camera but even thought the inspect returns valid ONVIF data, the view shows it as offline. Anyone else having a similar issue with BI version 4.6.9.0 x64?

Edit: Forgot to mention my Hikvisions are working just fine.
disable hardware acceleration for those cams...you likely have HA set for h.265 cameras...it was just implemented for h.265 in the latest update - its not working. Always leave auto update disabled.

Whoop

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks like that is the case. "H.264 HW Decode" for each of the Dahua's was set to "Yes+VPP". Turning those to "No" immediately brought the image back. Oh, and "Automatically Update" is now unchecked. Thank you sir! :)

Moose

n3wb
Reaction score
I’ve had an issue with ghosting and time lag with the recent update. Nothing else in the system changed. Running 4 Dahua’s all with updated firmware. When logging into the cameras directly everything is running smoothly.

I’ve checked the memory leak and I’m still running the correct driver. All cameras are set for direct to disk and all the usual settings. The only difference was an update of BI. Processor is running ~5% as a service so I don’t feel it’s a performance issue.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro