BI Upgrade Query

KB_WGL

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm using BI rel. 4.4.3.1 x64 and when I open it, I'm greeted with a prompt asking me if I want to update to rel. 4.6.9.2. I'm a bit wary of proceeding here as I wouldn't want to lose my configuration and it seems that my licence expired last year (I was under the impression it was a lifetime licence).

Would I be able to export my current config and import it once the upgrade has taken place? Would I need to do that or would that upgrade procedure be non-destructive?

My "Support and software updates" section says Expires 17/08/2017. What does that mean for my installation? Will I be unable to upgrade until I renew the licence?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm using BI rel. 4.4.3.1 x64 and when I open it, I'm greeted with a prompt asking me if I want to update to rel. 4.6.9.2. I'm a bit wary of proceeding here as I wouldn't want to lose my configuration and it seems that my licence expired last year (I was under the impression it was a lifetime licence).

Would I be able to export my current config and import it once the upgrade has taken place? Would I need to do that or would that upgrade procedure be non-destructive?

My "Support and software updates" section says Expires 17/08/2017. What does that mean for my installation? Will I be unable to upgrade until I renew the licence?
You will not lose anything...
the license is lifetime, support is not.
Updates are technically also limited to the first year but as you can see, he has been providing them free of charge.
you dont have to export your settings, it will be saved during the upgrade but it is always a good idea to have a backup...

KB_WGL

n3wb
Reaction score
You can export your settings from the Blue Iris Options panel. You can still upgrade, that expired message just means your support has expired.
Thank you very much for your prompt reply. And also for UI2, that really saved us.