BI users group limit in IE, all is very very very slow!?

x-man

n3wb
Reaction score
In BI I want to add some users and limit them to see only some cameras live and recorded videos in IE, that is very easy to do (add some groups, add cameras to groups and allow users to see only some group(s)) but after I do that and after visitor login via IE recorded videos loading is 20x slower than for anonymous user (no limits) and that generate 2x higher load on cpu all that time of loading recorded videos and alerts!
Why? For me look like in that case BI check all recorded videos (800 in my case) and that killing cpu and for that BI need some time...if this true than Bi have very bad database design!

For me this is not usable...

Do you have any solution?

I have this problem in BI 3.x and 4.x!

Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
In BI I want to add some users and limit them to see only some cameras live and recorded videos in IE, that is very easy to do (add some groups, add cameras to groups and allow users to see only some group(s)) but after I do that and after visitor login via IE recorded videos loading is 20x slower than for anonymous user (no limits) and that generate 2x higher load on cpu all that time of loading recorded videos and alerts!
Why? For me look like in that case BI check all recorded videos (800 in my case) and that killing cpu and for that BI need some time...if this true than Bi have very bad database design!

For me this is not usable...

Do you have any solution?

I have this problem in BI 3.x and 4.x!

Thanks.
I have not noticed any difference between limited users and all access users..but email support and see what he says...

x-man

n3wb
Reaction score
Number of Cameras on your BI server?
Number of recorded videos?

I already sent e-mail to support but still no answer...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Number of Cameras on your BI server?Number of recorded videos?

I already sent e-mail to support but still no answer...
I have over 20 servers...4-11 cameras on each....I store video in 8 hour blocks combine and cut...I dont count my clips..

x-man

n3wb
Reaction score
I have over 800 and when I want to get only recorded videos/alerts from some group with 4-5 cameras in IE I must wait 1 minute or more and at that time BI working something on server because load go up from 20% to 30-40%, but when I want to see it from all cameras that load in second...I don`t know why...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have over 800 and when I want to get only recorded videos/alerts from some group with 4-5 cameras in IE I must wait 1 minute or more and at that time BI working something on server because load go up from 20% to 30-40%, but when I want to see it from all cameras that load in second...I don`t know why...
I dont have this issue..

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have this issue either. It might be something related to your specific configuration and if so then the Blue Iris developer should be able to figure it out.