BI Using near 100% cpu

aviondubzz

n3wb
Reaction score
I have just purchased a dedicated pc just for blueiris and recording. I have only added 3 cameras so far and everything is lagging and it says 99% CPU usage. I believe my pc should be more than capable of handling the tasks.

Attachments

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes - you are right it should be able to handle it. Have you reviewed the wiki for all the performance tweaks you will need to do? Lots of good detail, you just need to dig a little.

aviondubzz

n3wb
Reaction score
Can I select the hardware accelerated decode per camera individually instead of from the overall camera settings? Reason being is that my wyze cams had dropped when i changed the overall hardware accelerated decode.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
You can change the setting on the drop down in your screenshot to "No" for your wyze cams.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I have done that for each camera but there seems to be a separate option for hardware accelerated decode.
Something is very wrong with your set up because even without hardwood coding you would be nowhere near 100.

aviondubzz

n3wb
Reaction score
It seems once I started to change all cams to direct to disk, the cpu usage dropped drastically. Down to 25% now... EDIT 35% now

Something is very wrong with your set up because even without hardwood coding you would be nowhere near 100.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I added substream to some of them since the others I need to be able to see higher quality during live viewing. Thanks!
When you open the window to full screen it will show The main stream