BI V5 Licensing Issues

Cor K Dikland

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From time to time I find myself looking at BI videos or snapshots with big bold red letters indicating that my version is a Demo install. I re-enter my license key and the problem goes away (until next time). In the last year this has happened at least 3 times even though my license is good till June this year.

This morning BI went back into demo mode again but this time it would not accept my key. It said it has been used too many times (only because BI made me) and my Demo period has expired. I contacted support but given the time it takes them to report, I suspect I will be down for days.

Am I the only one experiencing this annoying problem?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
From time to time I find myself looking at BI videos or snapshots with big bold red letters indicating that my version is a Demo install. I re-enter my license key and the problem goes away (until next time). In the last year this has happened at least 3 times even though my license is good till June this year.

This morning BI went back into demo mode again but this time it would not accept my key. It said it has been used too many times (only because BI made me) and my Demo period has expired. I contacted support but given the time it takes them to report, I suspect I will be down for days.

not here, where did you purchase the key?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

If you want to do a teamviewer session I can rest your demo for you so you will have another 15 days until support responds.
Note your license never expires. It is perpetual.

Cor K Dikland

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you want to do a teamviewer session I can rest your demo for you so you will have another 15 days until support responds.
Note your license never expires. It is perpetual.
Thanks for the offer. Support contacted me last night but only had questions and no solution. Hopefully the liked/understood my answer and get back with a solution real soon