BI will not send sound to Cam when triggered

Matt L.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
BI will not send sound to Cam when triggered, but it will send sound when tested from the alerts > sound alarm function. I have no clones of camera active, I thought at first that was the cause. Still, the camera gets an external trigger (not set to trigger by motion, only group, external, and DIO). The horn icon will flash for a split second and go black again. I also have PUSH alerts on there, and those are going through, but I wish to have the alarm functioning.

UPDATE: The sound alerts test is now going to the PC speakers, but still no sound in response to a manual trigger event. It is a wired ethernet connection.

Last edited:

Matt L.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Like everyone says, this used to work and only recently stopped working. I cannot correlate it with an update.

Matt L.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just a saying. A lot of people I suppose say, hey, this just stopped working! In my case yeah. I didn't change anything.

Matt L.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No good. It can't be the camera, at least not only the camera, because Talk works.

Matt L.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Man, it would be nice if you could export camera settings... especially the motion maps. I have a nice one that I can't just re-create. I went to all the trouble of deleting the clones as well, along with motion maps... re-did em, still camera won't accept that sound.

Last edited:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Man, it would be nice if you could export camera settings... especially the motion maps. I have a nice one that I can't just re-create.
You can, and you can also easily duplicate the settings from a camera when adding a new one.

Matt L.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It appears to be a bug. When you run as Service the client won't send sounds to camera! I don't know why.