BI works great until late afternoon

Reaction score
This issue is driving me crazy! I have 2 CD2032's Hikvision and a DS-2CD2632F-IS. Blue Iris runs flawless morning and during the day. All camera times are exactly the same and BI runs smooth. Then sometime in the afternoon the BI starts to pausing for a few seconds and the camera times are off by up to 5 or 6 seconds. The live view and recordings are skipping and hanging up. Cars appear and disappear from one camera to the next. I have a Intel i7-4790k 4.00 ghz, 16Gb Ram, 64 bit OS, Windows 10, GeForce GTX 970 Download speed of 230 and 23 upload. What can I do to get stability with BI? Why does this happen? Im only running 3 cameras! :mad-new::mad-new::mad-new::mad-new::mad-new::mad-new::mad-new:

Reaction score
This makes using BI to catch vandals and thieves very difficult. 3-6 seconds of frozen cameras is not how this is supposed to work. Please help!!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This issue is driving me crazy! I have 2 CD2032's Hikvision and a DS-2CD2632F-IS. Blue Iris runs flawless morning and during the day. All camera times are exactly the same and BI runs smooth. Then sometime in the afternoon the BI starts to pausing for a few seconds and the camera times are off by up to 5 or 6 seconds. The live view and recordings are skipping and hanging up. Cars appear and disappear from one camera to the next. I have a Intel i7-4790k 4.00 ghz, 16Gb Ram, 64 bit OS, Windows 10, GeForce GTX 970 Download speed of 230 and 23 upload. What can I do to get stability with BI? Why does this happen? Im only running 3 cameras! :mad-new::mad-new::mad-new::mad-new::mad-new::mad-new::mad-new:
What is the CPU usage when this happens?
Get rid of the gtx 970 and use intel graphics and turn on hardware acceleration.
It may be your hard drive or a network issue...

Reaction score
CPU is at 4% to 7%. This is also my gaming rig. Whats wrong with the GTX 970? Use what intel graphics? I have hardware acceleration turned on. The hard drive is less than a year old and has 2.4 TB free space. WD Black 3TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD3003FZEXPlease help

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
CPU is at 4% to 7%. This is also my gaming rig. Whats wrong with the GTX 970? Use what intel graphics? I have hardware acceleration turned on. The hard drive is less than a year old and has 2.4 TB free space.WD Black 3TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD3003FZEX
The gtx like most powerful cards are power hogs...running that system 24/7 is costing you a fortune...blue iris cannot leverage that card. In can only use hardware acceleration with intel HD...its built into your processor.
The age of the hard drive is irrelevant. Finally, you should not use a gaming rig for blue iris or any other vms...it should be a dedicated machine.
While the issue is occuring, user VLC to stream the camera rtsp stream directly and see what happens...if its choppy then you have a network issue.

Reaction score
I find it strange that all the cameras are smooth when using Hikivision viewer. Us BI and the cameras are useless almost.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I find it strange that all the cameras are smooth when using Hikivision viewer. Us BI and the cameras are useless almost.
What hikvision viewer?
You need to understand that the cameras dont use the same protocols when streaming to browser ivms or mobile app...
first thing you need to do, is run a clean machine...

Reaction score
I feel stupid but how do I VLC to stream the camera and rtsp stream directly? I cant seem to find it.Thank you for your patience.

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are they skipping when you play the recordings back or are they skipping when you're trying to review them thru the app on a phone? ie somewhere outside your LAN?

Reaction score
Are they skipping when you play the recordings back or are they skipping when you're trying to review them thru the app on a phone? ie somewhere outside your LAN?
They are skipping when viewing with Blue Iris. they will also skip while viewed in Mobile but only late afternoon and at night! during the day it is 20 frames a second and smooth even on mobile.

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And i know this is a stupid question but the machine you're accessing BI thru is wired right to the router?

Also what kind of router and how many other wireless devices connect to that network? Family members phones/tablets, streaming devices, NAS, etc?

Reaction score
What hikvision viewer?
You need to understand that the cameras dont use the same protocols when streaming to browser ivms or mobile app...
first thing you need to do, is run a clean machine...
Sorry in my browser it is smooth 24/7. I have this machine and its what I have to work with right now. It is a beast and should run BI. I ran BI and 2 cd2032's with no issue for several years with a 5 year old gaming lap top at 20 FPS. It never had these problems and this Rig has not had these problems before a 3rd camera. This rig runs 20 fps 3 cameras in BI all day long until afternoon then it goes to crap.

Reaction score
And i know this is a stupid question but the machine you're accessing BI thru is wired right to the router?

Also what kind of router and how many other wireless devices connect to that network? Family members phones/tablets, streaming devices, NAS, etc?
Yes it is wired to my router. It is a Arris DG1670. I have a roku 4, 2 cell phones, smart TV, 2 tablets. I know these can have a effect on things but it runs smooth all day with the roku, a phone, and the kids on their tablets. It just goes to crap in the afternoon. Its crazy!

Reaction score
Does the issue disappear after the sun goes down or late in the afternoon?
Hi Q2U. The issue is nonexistent during the day in full sun with clouds and wind blown trees. only in the afternoon through the night.

Reaction score
Ok everyone. I have trial and error-ed everything and finally found out that when I disable one of the cameras(any of the cameras) the other two immediately smooth out, stop pausing, and the time stamps sync back up. Any ideas on what in the world is going on? Why would the enabling of a 3rd camera make things go to crap? Thanks for any help on settings or advice on how to fix this!!