BI works great until late afternoon

Reaction score
Are the cameras local to the server?
[h=1]Hi Fenderman
Server is downstairs wired to router, wired from router to
TP-LINK AV500 Powerline Ethernet Adapter, to upstairs TP-LINK AV500 Powerline Ethernet Adapter then to TP-LINK 8-Port Fast Ethernet PoE Desktop Switch with 4 PoE Ports and then to cameras.[/h]Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman
Server is downstairs wired to router, wired from router to
TP-LINK AV500 Powerline Ethernet Adapter, to upstairs TP-LINK AV500 Powerline Ethernet Adapter then to TP-LINK 8-Port Fast Ethernet PoE Desktop Switch with 4 PoE Ports and then to cameras.

Thanks
99 percent chance its related in some way to the adapters...test them wired...

Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman! I will have to buy some more cable. Do you have any suggestions on brand or type of cable? I may just try and figure a way to run with out adapters and go hard wired from the router.
Thanks again!

Reaction score
Hey Fendarman. I have OnQ in my closet with my router. If I get a switch that goes into one of these (OnQ / Legrand AC1000 6Port Network Interface Module) will I be able to use existing cat 5 in the house to hook up to my POE switch?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Fendarman. I have OnQ in my closet with my router. If I get a switch that goes into one of these (OnQ / Legrand AC1000 6Port Network Interface Module) will I be able to use existing cat 5 in the house to hook up to my POE switch?
That is a punchdown module...if you have a spare ethernet that runs to it you can hook up whatever you wish..
As far as cable, buy quality solid copper cable not cheap CCA/copper clad aluminium....see monoprice..

Reaction score
Update. I went out and bought a 6 port network interface module and rewired my OnQ box in the closet so every room is getting Internet access hard wired in. Im not sure why it was not done that way when it was build but anyway. I went from the router to a switch then to the interface module. I then went from the wall to the POE switch then to the cameras. Just as fenderman had suggested every camera hard wired fixed the problem. No skipping, pausing, or cameras out of sync. Everything so far is smooth as silk and working as it should. Thank you to all that responded to my questions. Your help was greatly appreciated!