Bi5 issues...2 issues(Visual C++) on 2 computers (cameras going in and out on network).

Phil Indeblanc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi folks, I am new to this forum, but over a decade in security camera systems.
Long ago I would setup GeoVision system hardware for DVRs.

Today's system I have a issue with is all NVRs on POE+ switches, and multiple brand cameras hooked up.
I am running about 20 cameras....
I have had Bi for almost a year, and v4 was running great. But I was looking forward to the v5 upgrade with a few more features. I made the change and all was good.
This system is my main PC, so it was only supposed to stay on here a temporarily. Its a i7 6550K or something like that. with 32gb ram a nVidia GeForce GTX 970.
Win10 had some updates last week, and all is AOK. Then I see that Bi has a update, so I proceed, and in the update it needs Visual C++ So that failed. and now I cant even launch Bi!

Because the above system is my main work PC, I had just purchased a almost new i7 8700/16gb Ram/with the onboard 630 intel graphics chip. I was on this site that had cpu and camera ratings and speeds that helped me select the PC.
So I installed Bi with the new update on this new fresh win10Pro system, and this time, the VisualC++ install was mandated and installed with no issues.
Bi is also up and looks like is running...BUT
Now the cameras are active for a few seconds then go out.A ctive and out! All hardwired with shielded Cat6
You can not see that you are PTZ or zooming, but it does move and works. But it doesn't record much anything as its not on long enough to detect motion as they are too intermittently in and out.

I am pretty confused at this point. HELP would be MUCH appreciated. I am NOT going to be using the first system I mention above,
but I think it maybe helpful to others, so I explained the situation. BUT I need this second(new i7 8700), likely less complex issue resolved.
WHY are the cameras going in and out? I rebooted router, and switches, and rebooted cameras...
Maybe its a setting to tell Bi about what graphics chip is to be used?(I checked and they are Intel, though there is a 2nd intel option). Maybe something with network? Although all else looks to run fine.

Last edited:

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As long as you are not using wifi cameras, contact support about your problem. I have seen other posts about similar connection problems.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If the cameras are running h. 265 compression make sure intel hardware acceleration is turned off

Phil Indeblanc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hmm, they are all hardwired......They are running H265 for most...
Hmmm, I will look for that Intel HW accel!

Thank you!!

Phil Indeblanc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Btw, did you mean that on the graphic chip or turn off HW Accel in Bi?
If in Bi, where? things are so hard to find for me ..so far :)
No streaming or web serving is in use at this time.

@fenderman

I found it under Cameras in the main Settings menu, and I turned it off, and it looks like it fixed 5 of the cameras that show. I do have others that show No Signal "Error:800007a Check port/user/pw).
But those I think I need to reconfig the IP or something. They still all work fine under Bi4...but they dont show up in this new system with Bi5

Thanks for getting me over that bump!!!

Last edited: