BI5 reverts Profile upon Motion Detection?

GmorkDK

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All

I have BI5 running, with Sentry AI as well. So far, so good.
It's integrated with Home Assistant as well, and it works for the most part. (motion detection not showing in HA)

I have a problem with BI switching profile from "Away/Ude" (2) back to "Home/Hjemme" (1) without me knowing why it's doing it. I've set the Temp. Time to "0" for all profiles.

I'm switching profiles via HA integration, not BI Geofence. I find HA's presence detection better. I used MQTT earlier, which worked the same way.
Swithing works like a charm - no problems!

But.... After a short time away, BI reverts back to profile 1. I've noticed in the log, that it often happens at the same time as a motion detection.
It would be nice to have a debug log where it would be possible to see what triggers a profile change.

Any ideas what might cause this? I'm not using any schedules.

1599719090892.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ensure "until triggered" is unchecked in the profile tab. Why would you set the temp time to zero?

GmorkDK

n3wb
Reaction score
They were checked. So I've unchecked them now. I'll have to see if it helps.

I set the temp time to 0 in an attempt to disable the "return to normal state" functionality.

When I choose a profile via MQTT/Home Assistant, will BI only see it as a temporary switch then? If no schedule is used, I guess/hope it's not temporary any more? But it'll keep that way until manually switched again?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
They were checked. So I've unchecked them now. I'll have to see if it helps.

I set the temp time to 0 in an attempt to disable the "return to normal state" functionality.

When I choose a profile via MQTT/Home Assistant, will BI only see it as a temporary switch then? If no schedule is used, I guess/hope it's not temporary any more? But it'll keep that way until manually switched again?
If you want an indefinite hold then use hold rather than temp.
Umchecking until triggered will help because that’s exactly what the function was intended to do. It’s important not to check boxes and features in Blue Iris without understanding the purpose.