Bicycle Wipeout on the Corner

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
So she wipes out and walks away ahead of them just fine empty handed then leaves her chubby friend to push both bikes up the hill? What up with dat?
Yes, there seems to be some tension between the female that crashed and the other 2. Right before the end where they are just standing at the curb, I edited out a few seconds while I was moving the PTZ camera. When the female picks up the bike from the street and takes it to the curb, the one that crashed started to walk away up the street. The one who picked up the bike had to tell her to come back and get the bike. Then it looks like the one who crashed was going to walk the bike back up the street, but then the other female tells her "give me the bike", and that's when the female who crashed decides to walk by herself.

Reaction score
After watching the video again, i saw the big girl run back down to her. So its clear she was trying to catch up with the bigger girl, she may have hit a pothole as lulu stated there are potholes in that area. And at her speed clearly lost control.

Francisco73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After watching the video again, i saw the big girl run back down to her. So its clear she was trying to catch up with the bigger girl, she may have hit a pothole as lulu stated there are potholes in that area. And at her speed clearly lost control.
Agree

Francisco73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, there seems to be some tension between the female that crashed and the other 2. Right before the end where they are just standing at the curb, I edited out a few seconds while I was moving the PTZ camera. When the female picks up the bike from the street and takes it to the curb, the one that crashed started to walk away up the street. The one who picked up the bike had to tell her to come back and get the bike. Then it looks like the one who crashed was going to walk the bike back up the street, but then the other female tells her "give me the bike", and that's when the female who crashed decides to walk by herself.
Thanks again and only found this now. You live in an interesting area. The girl is lucky not to have hit her head or fractured her bones. In the end she walks away a little bit like a zombie. Maybe just her shoes, uphill, orthopedic problem or intoxicated. Is it normal in your place to go biking at 10pm?

Francisco73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, the PTZ is using "auto" for the exposure. That camera is normally pointed at my car in the street both day and night. If something happens out in the street, then I use the PTZ controls in Blue Iris to move the camera around.
What is the distance here? I can see what is happening but not really identify. Your mail box attracts many people. Maybe she fell because she greeted the box with both hands? Is there a place where the Zombie, his friend and the three girls gather?

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks again and only found this now. You live in an interesting area. The girl is lucky not to have hit her head or fractured her bones. In the end she walks away a little bit like a zombie. Maybe just her shoes, uphill, orthopedic problem or intoxicated. Is it normal in your place to go biking at 10pm?
It is not usual to ride bikes so late at night. That area of the street is very dark. You cannot see the cracks and potholes. I think she was hurting from the fall when she was walking home.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
What is the distance here? I can see what is happening but not really identify. Your mail box attracts many people. Maybe she fell because she greeted the box with both hands? Is there a place where the Zombie, his friend and the three girls gather?
The approximate distance from the view of the first camera is 61.5 feet (18.7 meters). When they were standing at the curb near the end of the video the distance was about 74 feet (22.6 meters) from the camera. I do not know where these people live. I still have not seen the zombie guy since the day that video was recorded. But I see his friend everyday. He went down that dirt road today again. He is walking further than my cameras can see now. He stayed around 13 minutes then came walking out.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I will say that I enjoy riding my bike in the wee hours of the morning during summer here. The wind isn't howling, there's very little traffic on the streets - so your life is in less danger, it's cool rather than hot out, and with everything quiet, you can hear any cars approaching from a long distance. There seem to be less dogs running loose, too. So it's a good way to get some exercise and enjoy a more relaxing, leisurely ride.

Of course, among those folks who are out at that time, there's a higher percentage of drunks, and ne'er-do-wells. And you sometimes hear folks having domestic disputes through their open windows. But again, on a quiet bicycle, you can hear anyone or anything approaching from a good distance.

Of course, when folks see me riding at 03:00 or so, they probably assume that it's ME who is up to no good! I have gotten to know the newspaper delivery folks in the area. That seems to be when they're out making their rounds as well!

Francisco73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The approximate distance from the view of the first camera is 61.5 feet (18.7 meters). When they were standing at the curb near the end of the video the distance was about 74 feet (22.6 meters) from the camera. I do not know where these people live. I still have not seen the zombie guy since the day that video was recorded. But I see his friend everyday. He went down that dirt road today again. He is walking further than my cameras can see now. He stayed around 13 minutes then came walking out.
As I wrote before the friend with the bag might be a seller. In that case others will appear behind your house in addition to zombie. Have you tried with other camera settings to get better identification? The girl might be walking away a bit strange to show her anger at the other girl(s).

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As I wrote before the friend with the bag might be a seller. In that case others will appear behind your house in addition to zombie. Have you tried with other camera settings to get better identification? The girl might be walking away a bit strange to show her anger at the other girl(s).
Maybe you need to "tune" the screen you are watching on, I have very little trouble making ID's with lulu's cams. Lulu does an outstanding job.

Francisco73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe you need to "tune" the screen you are watching on, I have very little trouble making ID's with lulu's cams. Lulu does an outstanding job.
It may be the screen and I definitely need better specs since a long time. I watched the film again and yes the PTZ has caught their faces.