Bicyclist videoing my street?

Illya_Kareoke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It looks like this guy was collecting info for some reason. I wish I could get more detail out of my night recordings. I run IR off so the cam location won't be given up as easily.

Driveway Night Settings.JPG

hikwpg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Don’t be paranoid.
The dude is on his phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Selfie mode. lol

And it looks like he is calling. The position of the phone and angle of the arm is more in the call position.

Illya_Kareoke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Don’t be paranoid.
Albuquerque has the highest crime rate in the country, 10,000 auto thefts last year for a half million metro population. I live about 2 miles from the "war zone" so yeah I get a little paranoid sometimes.

Selfie mode. lol

And it looks like he is calling. The position of the phone and angle of the arm is more in the call position.
I hadn't thought about that, your probably right. LOL

I caught a creeper of some sort the night before when I was sitting not 20 feet away at my desk.

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Illya, that camera, when it pans, sounds like a kid drinking the last of his milkshake through a straw.

Illya_Kareoke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Illya, that camera, when it pans, sounds like a kid drinking the last of his milkshake through a straw.
I think that is common with most cams. Why is there so much negativity on this forum?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe he has one of those smartphones without the IR-cut filter and was looking to see who has surveillance cams!

Naw...just kidding. I think he was making a phone call.

I've brought this up before but hey, it bears repeating!...he needs a low-tech hands-free device so he can use both hands on the handlebars! :rolleyes:

hands_free_cell.jpg

Illya_Kareoke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@gordo It sounded more like a put-down to me. I had the speed on high for making that video is probably why it's so noisy. I researched it when I first noticed it and came to the conclusion that it's normal on some cams when running high speed. I wish it didn't make so much noise for a $200 cam, maybe I'll come up with a external microphone later. I normally only pan every once in a while anyway.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I hear that same sound when I turn my 69 year old head.....I guess my neck could use some WD40.
Probably goes along with what I hear when I step out of the bed at 2 AM to go pee....when I walk barefooted my cracking foot bones sound like I'm stepping on rice krispies! :lol:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I hear that same sound when I turn my 69 year old head.....I guess my neck could use some WD40.
Probably goes along with what I hear when I step out of the bed at 2 AM to go pee....when I walk barefooted my cracking foot bones sound like I'm stepping on rice krispies! :lol:
You're suppose to get out of bed before you pee? Huh, how 'bout that. ;)

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just play some james bond music over it if you're self conscious about it. Same thing I used to tell my ex girlfriend when she had asparagus pee.