bidens incredible transition to electric cars

Reaction score
My thoughts are tainted towards electric cars. Every time I see one, I think of Joe and the Hoe, so I hate them. No, it's not right, but it is what it is. They want to throw out logic, science, biology and physics? Well...alrgihty then. I can throw out commons sense and decency towards liberals and Demonturds. Makes perfect sense to me.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And another fail for EVs. A fully charged F150 Lightning has the same range as an F50 gas powered truck when towing. What a joke!

Really inspires confidence in the future EV 18-wheelers that will be delivering our country's commerce, doesn't it? :idk::confused::wtf:

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
MAybe "real life" versus a staged and orchestrated test? This is the second towing test I've seen and both ended the same way, very short range for the EV, an F150 Lightning in both cases.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I watched most of hoovies videos, and I found that one the most puzzling. It just doesn't line up with actual independent tests and reviews

Hoovie is using a "Standard battery package" The other guys are using the "MAX range towing package and claims to have a bigger battery" and coolers So not comparing apples to apples here If I'm understanding both videos.

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
EV lovers should not get upset, that EVs are NOT suitable for everyone.
Conversely, people claiming that a proper EV like a Tesla are not good for the environment are either plain stupid or ignorant.
Tesla's are the safest cars out there (by a friggin landslide).
** No I don't drive an EV or a Tesla, but I am not stupid and can see they are the future **
** Not all current EVs are suitable, it's why Tesla delayed the CyberTruck. Battery tech just isn't there yet, and it's a dumb waste of materials **
If anyone ever offers you a drive in a Tesla, do yourself a favour and take them up on it. The car may not be for you, but friggin hell it opens your eyes.

Elon may be a loon, and have a terrible pull-out game but he's certainly not in it for the money, he flat out states the company is over valued and doesn't care about the share price. (Just ask any Tesla Investor!!)
He told the government flat out, EV subsidies are a stupid waste of money and are not required. Why have a subsidy on a product high high-demand. Makes zero sense.

His key motives are to build the safest cars and increase EV adoption. All Tesla patents are open sourced, available to all competitors.
He has a strong track-record of delivering his vision (albeit he misses timelines by years), but then so did Toyota, Hona, Ford and GM and they don't get a mention.
No he isn't a saint.
But when he announces a feature or product, it's not hype he does this to attract "employees\talent". Take the upcoming AI day, I predict it's going to be a laugh fest, wall street will hate it. Won't be fancy, will be worts and all.
Likely demo a pathetic attempt at a bot, but it won't be fake. It's not for us to understand, he's targeting the Top AI talent, and won't care about failing to tick all the wall street boxes.
Lol... Tesla was kicked out of the Environmental Index Funds for not having a "Carbon Reduction Strategy", Tesla still has a "junk" rating, like how rigged is the system.

Yes it's good to look at where the power comes from to charge an EV but also consider the facts;
  • Tesla a small solar player, though the solar panels they have sold\installed have already generated more electricity than was required to BOTH produce and run every single TESLA vehicle ever produced for their expected LIFETIME!!
  • The electricity required to during the extraction, refining, transportation and delivery of a Typical ICE vehicle can run an EV for 1-2weeks (bet most people do not realise this. Oil rigs require a ton of power to operate, in the US you have those pop-up wells, they also ave extremely high Electrical requirements.
  • Significant % of EV owners either have Solar and or batteries or are paying extra for Green Power.
  • Recycling batteries recovers 95-98% of raw materials in more pure form, meaning you need less.
  • As battery technology improves (through adoption and ramp), less materials are required, factoring in re-cycling and we basically have a closed loop system.
  • Revolutionising car manufacturing focusing on efficiency and reducing environmental footprint. Take a Tesla Factory, raw materials go in and a car basically comes out. They make the cars as close to where they are sold as possible, and attempt to source local materials.
Heck they make the most US made car there is, Tesla (EVs) have done a lot to bring manufacturing back to America.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
And another fail for EVs.
Conversely, people claiming that a proper EV like a Tesla are not good for the environment are either plain stupid or ignorant.
What looks at first glance as contradictory statements are both correct. The root problem is the greenies, governments, and woke corporations forcing EV technology where it doesn't belong, causing a lot of problems, pushback, and resentment. This does contribute to keeping the sheep divided and battling each other.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You could very well be correct. On the other hand, sometimes these obvious things don't work out. Example:

In 1954, the Atomic Energy Commission chairman predicted that within 15 years nuclear power would make electricity “too cheap to meter.” That quote, at the time, did not seem so outlandish.

What happened to electricity becoming “too cheap to meter?” - AAF
I'd like to see at least 2 terms / 8 years in a row of conservative POTUS de-regs (like Trump) to get the reactors back online and proliferating all over the U.S.

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The root problem is the greenies, governments, and woke corporations forcing EV technology where it doesn't belong, causing a lot of problems, pushback, and resentment. This does contribute to keeping the sheep divided and battling each other.
Absolutely correct. My next car likely will still be ICE, but I don't get upset seeing EV drivers on the road.
Nothing new though, the hate towards petrol cars was real, with all the same concerns as EVs today. Too costly, nowhere to park, houses and streets are not designed for them and ironically, we don't have the electricity supply to power the gas stations, but look at where we are today.

I am likely older than most here, still recall when the first Battery Tools hit the market, they were crap, refused to use them. Higher adoption enabled the tech to improve, now they are essential.
Today, I have plenty of chainsaws and while the gas chainsaw is absolutely essential for the large trees, the daily driver is the brushless battery. Just nicer to use, lighter, always ready to go.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
BYD(Battery car maker) boss ask Chinese gov to stop selling gas cars, lucky thing is oil companies here are Gov's, they totally not agree. ;)
Battery car is good for city users, i have some friends use it, looks like they are easy nervous when power is going use up, lol. Last time i met a Taxi Driver drive a BYD car, and power only 3 km left, he beg a private business building safeguard to let him in and do some charging, he said the plant is 5km away, he can't go there, please help help, the safeguard reject his request. The guy felt hopeless, So we call battery car as Battery Grandfather Car.

Firefighter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I wanted to chime in, I live a few miles from Chevys new battery platform. Ultium Cells is building a 2 Billion Dollar plant here. It's I sales huge. Beside the GM plant. I'll get a drone photo of it.
Anyway, our fire depart has had some pre plan walk throughs and the engineers said the batteries had a few issues catching fire by themselves, in their lab completely independent. The building has several fire corridors so the works can try to get to one.
It doesn't seem good. Lol

I can't wait to get an electric f150. Just needs to be able to tow more than 80 miles. (I'll find the link)

Also our electric vehicle fire training has proved that the best recommended method for extinguishnent is digging a pit, putting the car in and filling it with water to submerge it. Absolutely impossible in 99% of cases. Others show it will require roughly 10-30k gallons of water and 5-10hrs. Ugh.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
.....the best recommended method for extinguishnent is digging a pit, putting the car in and filling it with water to submerge it.
That should do wonders for the water table / aquifers in the vicinity...oh, Green New Dealers...is this going to be a problem? Would it be better to not bury it in water but instead let the toxic smoke dissipate into the atmosphere? Better set up a committee and award a multi-million dollar grant to a college lab to determine the best resolution....but we need a decision and answer NOW, not 5 years from now ! :screwy::confused: