bidens incredible transition to electric cars

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My take-- the tax credit doesn't go to the consumer... It goes to the manufacturer. GM was charging around $40k for the Bolt before the tax credit expired. Afterwards, the price was dropped by around $10k.

Do the math.
Yes, exactly. The manufacturers will charge how much the market is willing to pay. People mentally subtract the tax credit from the final price, so they are willing to pay more than if there was no tax credit. It might not be exactly 1:1, but certainly the bulk of the credit just gets transferred to the manufacturer, most of which are foreign owned.

OK, OK...hold up here...the head of yours truly is spinning here...question:

Is it Chevy "VOLT" or "BOLT" or is it "DOLT" ? :winktongue:
I know you jest, but my understanding is the Volt, especially the 2nd generation, was quite good (if small in the interior). The Bolt is quite good to, minus the battery recall which LG Chem was to blame. Owners get a brand new battery with a bit extra capacity for their trouble.

JD4x4

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone else here been in or close to the automobile trade since 1968?
I have, & I'm still seeing the "phase in" of the 1969 Clean Air Act. Meaning the technology & infrastructure is still being modified to make it practical and palatable 53 years later.
Just how long do we think it will take to develop & implement a radical change in daily life from the complete elimination of one energy source and "transition" to another?

And all without any publicly stated specific, detailed plan, & timeline? Joe is TOTALLY ignorant of the effects, burden, & costs to the ordinary citizens. Either that or he and the green army just don't give a damn.

JD4x4

n3wb
Reaction score
Exactly what they campaigned for at the last election and the people voted for it.
"The People" did NOT vote for him. The real people (ALL) results were:~~U.S. Voter Turnout 1980 to 2020 stats only (final).png
It would be a totally different Country if those elected actually tried to find any sort of balance with the totality of those that they govern rather than blindly following the party platform they ran under.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone else here been in or close to the automobile trade since 1968?
I have, & I'm still seeing the "phase in" of the 1969 Clean Air Act. Meaning the technology & infrastructure is still being modified to make it practical and palatable 53 years later.
Just how long do we think it will take to develop & implement a radical change in daily life from the complete elimination of one energy source and "transition" to another?

And all without any publicly stated specific, detailed plan, & timeline? Joe is TOTALLY ignorant of the effects, burden, & costs to the ordinary citizens. Either that or he and the green army just don't give a damn.
What other Power Source exactly?

Assuming you are talking about batteries. Do we just pick batteries off a tree? Where are these tree’s exactly, and are they drought resistant? Is California expected to grow these trees?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Someone told me the other day, actually a high school teacher friend of mine, that one hamburger patty takes 10,000 gallons of water to produce.
Too bad AOC is against cow flatulence....if we could capture those cow farts and pipe them into a methane-burning vehicle we could eat our burgers AND power our cars!

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Heard on the radio a couple weeks ago that Only 20% of your recycling box gets recycled. Rest goes in landfill. How much hot water I used to rinse out a empty ketchup container. Not worth it imo. Who’s idea was this?