Big Bear Lake Livestream/Camera Installation

DezertManiac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In case anyone want to check it my camera installation. Soft launch of my PTZ Camera Installation in the city of Big Bear Lake, CA
24/7 Livestream with amazing views of the lake, valley, village, solar telescope (1.3 mi away), ski lifts, parks, etc.
Camera Model: Dahua PTZ SD8A845QA-HNF (from Andy)
8MP 45x OIS IR Network PTZ Camera
1/1.8" 8Megapixel STARVIS™ CMOS· 45× optical zoom, 16× digital
45x optical zoom
- Custom made pole
  • PFA 126 Junction Box ( a must)
  • liquid tight conduit

Link:

Attachments

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
"Video unavailable"

Nice job and looks like a nice area. Maybe leaning forward a bit. When you get to the sides, you don't have a level horizon.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
"Video unavailable"

Nice job and looks like a nice area. Maybe leaning forward a bit. When you get to the sides, you don't have a level horizon.
+1^^^.
VERY nice and thanks for sharing but @Mike A. said it appears the pole is not plumb in one axis, such as when looking at a flagpole and one column of a picnic shelter (assuming they ARE plumb). :cool:

Great foresight also regarding the anti-perching bird spikes !

IMG_8012.jpg

DezertManiac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
"Video unavailable"

yeah it does lean forward, it is on a u bracket, but the beam is at an angle too, so a bit difficult to get it perfectly level

DezertManiac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
+1^^^.
VERY nice and thanks for sharing but @Mike A. said it appears the pole is not plumb in one axis, such as when looking at a flagpole and one column of a picnic shelter (assuming they ARE plumb). :cool:

Great foresight also regarding the anti-perching bird spikes !

View attachment 176181
yeah it does lean forward, it is on a u bracket, but the beam is at an angle too, so a bit difficult to get it perfectly level, maybe next spring I'll see if I can straight it

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Looks amazing, thanks a lot for your posting and we have a nice place to watch peaceful place day and night!

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
What settings are you using? Are you using any WDR? It looks like saturation is a bit high.