Big update!! NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.000.0000000.0.R.20190713

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
When running this version with NVR no Backup Option under Chrome or Firefox. Only IE.

Also, when backing up to .mp4 from IE I get audio but there is no video. This was with a IPC-HFW2831T-ZAS V2.800.0000000.2.R, Build Date: 2019-04-04. I was able to backup .dav and play using Smartplayer. Prior to this ugprade had no problems backing up to .mp4.
Interesting to know people are backing up through the web interface. I always use SmartPSS, and that one does not have any issues with the new firmware.

Davahad

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Interesting to know people are backing up through the web interface. I always use SmartPSS, and that one does not have any issues with the new firmware.
My Divx codec was hosed and reinstalled and the mp4s play back now so no problem with Dahua NVR conversion

YYZed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did myself a favor and updated before I got used to the old firmware and interface since I’m brand new to NVR world. It feels like they finally got this thing into the 21st century. I couldn’t tell you yet what’s better or worse, but looks wise it’s significantly improved.

Pmedicj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I seemed to have lost My IVS tripwires. Everything has been working, have not changed any settings. The IVS rules are present and can be seen on screen and will trip however I cannot see them in the logs, no emails are being sent anymore and no search in AI pulls them up.

Also when I go into the camera menu and click on POE it pulls up the list of my cameras and shows the power consumption of each camera but I have a red dot instead of a green dot meaning it’s not online and No other options are displayed. The cameras are clearly online as I view them from the NVR and IDMSS

Any thoughts?

****UPDATE****
Got it figured out. I had to log into the web UI for each camera and set the PTZ functions to default for each camera. Kind of a pain because I had to reconfigure all my presets and tours and then IVS but it is working as it should now.

Last edited:

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
I seemed to have lost My IVS tripwires. Everything has been working, have not changed any settings. The IVS rules are present and can be seen on screen and will trip however I cannot see them in the logs, no emails are being sent anymore and no search in AI pulls them up.

Also when I go into the camera menu and click on POE it pulls up the list of my cameras and shows the power consumption of each camera but I have a red dot instead of a green dot meaning it’s not online and No other options are displayed. The cameras are clearly online as I view them from the NVR and IDMSS

Any thoughts?
Couple of things I noticed in the upgrade afterdays:
- even when "record" checkbox is ticked at IVS screens in the NVR screens, that "tick" is not propagated to the camera (eg when you open the camera setup pages, these ticks are not put by the NVR)
- my IVS rules were visible too but I did a full factory reset of the NVR, that may help you out too?

Good luck!
CC

Mike G.

n3wb
Reaction score
Maybe I am losing it but I cannot for the life of me figure out where the slider is to speed up a video during playback like the older interface. I have tried everything imaginable and can't seem to find it.

Another thing to note is during playback there is no sliding cursor on the timeline like before, I was able to click right before a motion event and it would play that video segment from the beginning. Now it seems I have to click as close as possible to the beginning of the video or else it plays from where my cursor was when I clicked on the video in the timeline.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe I am losing it but I cannot for the life of me figure out where the slider is to speed up a video during playback like the older interface. I have tried everything imaginable and can't seem to find it.

Another thing to note is during playback there is no sliding cursor on the timeline like before, I was able to click right before a motion event and it would play that video segment from the beginning. Now it seems I have to click as close as possible to the beginning of the video or else it plays from where my cursor was when I clicked on the video in the timeline.
Can you try to clear cache/cookies in your browser? Then you should see a sliding cursor. Or try on another pc / browser (IE instead of FF).

Mike G.

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you try to clear cache/cookies in your browser? Then you should see a sliding cursor. Or try on another pc / browser (IE instead of FF).
I’ve give that a shot tomorrow morning thanks, totally forgot about cache. Does their chrome app use cache/cookies of chrome?

Any idea about how to adjust the speed? 1/2x, 4x, 8x, 16x like previous versions?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve give that a shot tomorrow morning thanks, totally forgot about cache. Does their chrome app use cache/cookies of chrome?

Any idea about how to adjust the speed? 1/2x, 4x, 8x, 16x like previous versions?
I crosschecked, indeed, no slider for speed. But like I wrote before, I am hardcore SmartPSS, it does has the slider and "easier" to pick a timing :)

BTW to "find" the exact timing of an IVS/modect clip: you can also click on the list icon bottom right, and it gives an overview of these clips, double clicking on them views these clips.

Good luck!
CC

Aajjoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any chance this update includes the possibility to remotely set IVS settings?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Last edited:

shelestoff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
that firmware is closed by Dahua, it was deleted from system. They have many bugs inside. Wait patiently for fresh update.