BIT 1.7 CPU usage

Don Couchman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All, I just upgraded to 1.7. Everything seems to be functioning, but a challenge I saw in the past has reappeared. CPU usage by BIT alone is ~30%. Bitmap attached.
This setup is 2 cameras, the CPU is i5, with an SSD drive.

Attachments

DarkHelmet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Mike I continue to have this error. It reoccurs regularly, perhaps every couple of days. Closing and re-opening fixes it, but until I notice it and fix it, its stuck at 20-30% CPU usage. Any info I can give to help troubleshoot?

Win10, BIT 1.3.2

Last edited:

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I came here to post about the same - high CPU usage, and I found this thread. I rebooted the PC and the CPU usage is low now.

But I found that BI Tools required user interaction upon PC restart. I had to click "Yes" at a User Account Control window to let it run with elevated privileges. The window popped up by itself after PC reboot. Is there any way to avoid it? I run BI as a service. And I usually let this PC to do unattended reboots. It's controlled remotely. So, I can't click "Yes" every time it reboots. Any suggestions?

P.S. I am not sure how the OP got BI Tools version 1.7 long time ago. I just installed the latest version and it is 1.5.0.

Last edited: